One of the most common questions asked during an interview or a job fair is…
Other variations could include... -Why should we hire you? -Why do you want to work here? -What is it about us that makes you want to work here?
Answer these 5 questions to help you plan what to say and impress employers!
1- What are the three strongest reasons I am a great fit for this job?
2- What are some positive things I can say about the company, and how can I connect what they do with what I can bring to them?
3- Why do I really want this job beyond having a steady paycheck and perks?
4- What are three AWESOME things I did in my previous position that I can also offer in this new role?
5- What is the EXACT job description (make sure to write it down) and how do MY skills match up with it? Be as specific as possible.
Answering these questions will help you feel prepared to go in with some great things to say!
Good luck ; ) we are rooting for you!!
This virus is showing no mercy to anyone that contracts it. Please take care of yourself out here this is only going to get worse. Be strong and unite to fight this tyrant. Stay safe and help your fellow man and woman.
Instead of staying silent during a hiring event SPEAK UP and let your voice be heard!
By building a rapport with the employers before getting into the nitty-gritty details of the job it can give you a major competitive edge over other candidates. Plus it will feel more like a friendly conversation which can certainly help calm those nerves. You can also use this information later on when following up.
Remember, these questions are not about you, but about them and the focus on building a connection. Try these out during your next job fair, interview or networking event!
1. It's a pleasure to meet you. How was your weekend (or how has your week been)? This demonstrates to the interviewer that you're confident, proactive, and friendly. Make sure to smile!
2. What was the most pleasantly surprising thing about working here you learned once you were on the job? It's a good idea to keep the conversation focused on the employer and their positive experiences with working at the company.
3. What's the most memorable thing that has happened to you since joining the company? This will show you are a positive person and care about others as well as help you feel out what the culture is like.
4. I read a really great article this morning on the way over here today. Discuss it a little if it connects to the company and if the employer seems interested, continue, if not gracefully move on.
5. What's one of the most interesting projects or opportunities that you've worked on? Employers will love the chance to reflect and respond to what it is they’ve worked on or are currently working on. This will also provide further insight into what they are doing now in the company, as well as give them a chance to talk about their own accomplishments.
6. What is it about (company name) that you love the most? This will tell you what the employer cares about but also what makes the company special.
Remember to keep bringing it back to the interviewer/company and your interest in it!
Good luck : )