Job Promotion Guidelines
Effective October 2022
Jobcase recognizes the time and resources that employers dedicate to finding the right candidates and that job seekers apply to finding the right role for them. In order to create a mutually beneficial hiring experience for both job seekers and employers, we require that every job posting represents a real, current, legal, equitable and non-discriminatory opportunity. Capitalized terms used but not defined in these Job Promotion Guidelines (the “Guidelines”) have the meanings ascribed to them in the Jobcase Services Agreement.
While Jobcase reserves the right to review Job Postings at any time, Jobcase has no obligation to review any Job Posting. Jobcase may, with no liability or penalty, remove or refuse to post any Job Promotion or suspend the promotion of any or all Job Promotions for any reason in Jobcase’s sole discretion. Additionally, Jobcase may take any action it deems appropriate with respect to any Job Promotion that (i) is inaccurate, fake, misleading or deceptive, (ii) violates or infringes on a third-party’s intellectual property or privacy rights, (iii) violates or fails to comply with any applicable law, rule or regulation, (iv) violates Client’s contractual obligations with Jobcase, including the Agreement and these Guidelines, (v) is libelous, defamatory, immoral, offensive, obscene, pornographic, disruptive, threatening or abusive, or (vi) contains content that is not appropriate for any other reason determined by Jobcase. Such action may include (A) disclosing Client’s identity or other information about Client to any third party who claims that material posted by Client violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy, and (B) taking legal action, including referral to law enforcement, or making a claim for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Jobcase Services.
JOB POSTING RULES
Client may not post or promote any Job Promotion that:
- Fails to comply or includes content that fails to comply with applicable law or regulation, including laws relating to labor and employment, anti-discrimination, pay transparency, pay equity, pay history, criminal background requests and the like
- Promotes a Job Listing that is not current and available
- Does not permit a user to complete an online application
- Contains inaccurate, false, deceptive or misleading information
- Is libelous, defamatory, immoral, offensive, obscene, pornographic, disruptive, threatening or abusive or violates or infringes on the rights of any third party
- Contains hidden keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the job opportunity being presented
- Sells, promotes or advertises products or services
- Endorses a particular political party, political agenda, or political position or promotes a particular religion
- Involves ownership of any franchise, pyramid scheme, club membership, distributorship, or multi-level marketing opportunity or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents
- Requires applicants to pay to apply, pay for training, pay for training materials, or pay for samples without reimbursement
- Uses the Jobcase Services to collect information from applicants relating to their: (a) racial or ethnic origin, (b) political beliefs, (c) religious beliefs, (d) membership in a trade union, (e) physical or mental health, (f) sexual life or orientation, (g) commission of criminal offences or proceedings, (h) age, (i) social security, passport and/ or driver’s license number, (j) online or financial account information, (k) geolocation data, (l) genetic data, (m) biometric data, or (n) any other information which, under applicable law, is subject to a heightened standard, such as sensitive personal information as defined under the California Privacy Rights Act, or any other similar law
- Contains content or links to content that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 16
- Includes any screening requirement or criterion when such requirement or criterion is not a bona fide occupational requirement for the role
- Is for an employer that is an individual or household rather than a business
- Pays commissions only (except for postings that make clear that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling)
- Fails to include geographic information that maps to a specific city, ZIP or state and country
- Requires citizenship or lawful permanent residence in a country, unless that is required in order to comply with law, regulation, or a federal, state or local government contract or advertises job openings outside the United States
REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF THE JOB POSTING RULES:
- If a user believes that any content on the Jobcase Website violates the Job Posting Rules, please contact us at [email protected] and include the following in the subject-line of the email: Violation of Job Posting Rules.
Jobcase reserves the right to revise or amend these Guidelines at any time by posting an updated version to the Jobcase Website.