Waste Management Career Day is happening from Friday, May 21 through Saturday, May 22. Hiring Managers will be available to discuss new job opportunities and immediate hiring incentives.
Interested? Go to VM Career Day - 2021 for more details.
El Cajon, CA - Waste Management is hosting a CDL Driver Virtual Hiring Event on May 4th, from 8am - 5pm!
Waste Management Commercial Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment.
Drivers are responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material.
Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds and at times require drivers to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick-up stage area.
Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity.
Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential to successfully perform this job.
Learn more about this exciting job opportunity and apply online today at CDL Driver Virtual Hiring Event- May 4th, 2021 8am - 5pm
Application Tips to Help Maximize Your Hiring Potential!
Doing this will help expedite your job search journey by making it easier for great local employers to find and recruit you!
Also, boost your job search results and hiring potential with these online brand-building tips offered in Elyssa's article, Jobcase app: profile tips to get hired.
Don’t forget to include your profile pic - A picture is worth a thousand words! Make sure you include your profile picture to ensure you drive more hiring manager interests to your potential and attract more member/employer connections in the community. See How to pick the right profile picture on Jobcase to learn how you can upload a profile pic that fits the image you want to present to employers.
Get Connected! - Your relationships are vital to your network! Use your old connections to propel your hiring potential to new levels. Connect with your family, friends, former co-workers, and managers today and ask them to follow and add personal/professional references on your profile. Doing this will help highlight your skill, strengths, and personal traits and inspire hiring decisions to go in your favor.
1 in 14 #WasteManagement employees is former military. That is one veteran hired every day of the year. They even have a military skills translator to help find recommended careers based off of your service experience!
If you are a veteran that needs help, please feel free to email our military recruiting team at VeteranAssistance@wm.com.
WM wants candidates to succeed in the hiring process, which is why they believe in transparency and laying down the expectations of what to expect from the beginning!
Here's the typical hiring process at #WasteManagement:
Search for jobs and find one that is the best match for you.
Wait for Waste Management to review your application.
Meet with the hiring team for an #interview! This is an opportunity to figure out if it will be a mutual fit for both you and the employer. (Before the big day, check out these tips on what to wear to an interview!)
Join the Waste Management team! Congrats, now you're on your way to a successful career :)
Positions fill quickly, so apply today!
Waste Management is Accepting applications for Residential Drivers! Home daily, competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth!
Learn more about these exciting opportunities by attending one of their virtual hiring event and career information sessions on April 4th and April 8th. Go to WM - Residential CDL Driver - Hiring Event 4/7 & 4/8, 11am-6pm for more event details and registration instructions.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe.
They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
Register to attend one of these exciting hiring event opportunities today at WM - Residential CDL Driver - Hiring Event 4/7 & 4/8, 11am-6pm
Are you in Houston TX?
Waste Management is hosting a Heavy Truck Mechanic– VIRTUAL HIRING EVENT on March 17th and March 18th for those located in the Houston, Texas area.
Are you tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth?
Waste Management mechanics are specially trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our Mechanic’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our Mechanics and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you.
Waste Management in Liverpool, NY is seeking a Class- B Truck Driver and offering a $6,000 Sign-On Bonus!
What you will do
Class- B Roll-Off Drivers safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage. Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
What they require
- One (1) year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last seven (7) years.
- Current or Recent experience driving a 9+ speed manual transmission heavy-duty commercial truck. B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL)
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial ‘Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
- Current or Recent experience driving a 9+ speed manual transmission heavy-duty commercial truck.
What's in it for you
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please apply for the role here!