I haven't given notice to my current employer yet because after signing the offer I was told that I would have to complete a background check and drug test. I am not worried about the drug test but after the background check I'm worried they might hold my recent bankruptcy against me. It should be pretty obvious why I had to file. I spent 3.5 years working at less than half my usual salary and was just in too deep. I won't have access to any money though I know for travel, most companies like for you to use your personal credit cards and then be reimbursed and obviously I don't have any now. I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking but after years of let downs I'm too paranoid to give my notice until I know for certain I have the 'all clear' from them on the background check. My target start date is the 18th and they were pushing things so I could give notice next week so I'm hoping to hear something today. Meanwhile, I know my supervisor and manager suspect that I'm about to quit. My manager is giving me the silent treatment and will only speak to me through the supervisor - and we are all in one open room, so I get spoken about like I'm not in the room. I just do not want to give my notice and then have to eat my words...
Hopefully today I will know. Sorry for rambling.
Please how can I possibly get a usa remote job from Africa? Please someone should help me, I'm a university graduate with a second class upper grade in Statistics. I've been for a year and a half with no job to do 🤦. I can do any statistical analysis job.
I was finally offered a job and the h.r. person faxed me a letter of acceptance to sign. I signed it and was sent a copy of their 50 page handbook and rules, along with a consent form for a background check and drug test. After I signed the letter, took the drug test, and consented to a background check; which all came back good, I was emailed and told to start July 5th.
I am thrilled, because I have been out of work forever, as it seems; and was beginning to lose hope! That was yesterday, but then this morning, another company called me and scheduled me for an interview that will be at 4pm today; eastern standard time. This job pays almost 2 bucks more, and I think I will like it better, but I have only interviewed over the phone with them, and that was Monday, and pretty much the same day, they emailed me back to come in for a second interview, which will be in person!
I have applied to them several times over the course of 2 years and to finally get a callback, I am ecstatic!
I am taking it that 2 interviews means a good sign, and if I am offered a job, how should I let the original company know my decision, but in a tactful way? I don't want to burn bridges, because I actually applied last to this job a few months ago;, but at the time, only second shift was open & I need 3rd. The h.r. person kept my record on file and sure enough, when night shift opened, I was one of the first people called.
I was done a big favor, because normally after 3 months, I would have had to reapply and go through the whole process again, I was able to skip that all that, and go straight for an interview with the hiring managers and take a tour.
I feel like a favor was done for me and I don't want to seem ungrateful to the h.r person or the company, but at the end of the day, I stand to make a lot more money at the other company and enough where I can get some things done that I have not been able to for me and my kids.
I am divorced with 5 kids to raise on my own and although I think both jobs will be good for me, I want to take the one that pays more.
I have done the application I even had an interview and was hired I was so excited. I was waiting on the email to fill out my tax info.... It never came. I found out that I had made a mistake on my email address so I went and fixed it....at least I think I fixed it. I don't know what to do now.
Help!! I’ve never been to a job fair and to be honest I don’t really even know what happens there. I remember my mom telling me that she went to a couple of career fairs when she was looking for a job but she claims those events weren’t very helpful and she never got a job offer out of any of them. Theres going to be one in my town next week so I still want to give it a try and maybe have my own positive experience. Should I dress up and be prepared to interview with various companies on the same day or are job fairs more of a Q&A opportunity. What should I expect?
Right now I'm an admin assistant at a part time office job that I've been trying to leave for the past several months. On Friday one of the salesmen retired, on Tuesday I interviewed for a job that I think went well, and when I come in on Wednesday I find out the head of our website department put in his two weeks and they're offering me full-time so i can take on some of his tasks. I'm supposed to hear back from my interview tomorrow one way or the other, but now I have no idea how to make a smooth exit. I've only even quit one job before but not in a situation like this--the company is 14 people and if I quit they'll be loosing 3 in a very short span of time.