Missed work due to Irma? See if you qualify for assistance with this [check list] (https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1502303598195-3dc608049769c5e1e928cbbb5c3077af/FACTSHEETDisasterUnemployment.pdf) from FEMA. Apply as soon as possible if you're in need. Please know that there maybe long waits on the phone and/or online as FEMA is overrun with requests at this time. They are working hard to make sure everyone is helped! Apply [here] (https://www.disasterassistance.gov/) for assistance or call (800) 621-FEMA (3362)
The satisfaction that I was helping people in their worst time of need.
FEMA employees are provided with a first-class benefit package, including health insurance, vacation time, sick leave, overtime, retirement benefits, flexible work schedules, survivor benefits, and training/development opportunities.
There are a variety of current employment opportunities within FEMA such as:
Virtual Event Tip - Before, during, and after a virtual hiring event
There are multiple employers with available Full-Time and Part-Time Salaried Job Opportunities. All those exploring new job options or specifically pursuing FEMA careers are encouraged to attend. Register now at FEMA Virtual Employment Expos 50+
Virtual Event Tip - How to ace a Zoom interview
Sedona Staffing is searching for individuals in Jacksonville, Florida to work with FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) supporting its mission under various prime and/or sub-prime contracts for Public Assistance.
The Public Assistance program supports recovery operations primarily for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, replacement, or restoration of disaster-damaged, publicly-owned facilities, such as: roads, bridges, municipal buildings, police and fire stations, water/wastewater treatment plants, etc., including Private Non-Profit facilities such as hospitals.
Over the phone interviews available!
They are currently accepting resumes for future and current project work.
• Conduct preliminary damage assessments in the field with Federal, State and local officials.
• Writing Project Worksheets for the purposes of determining project eligibility, scopes of work, and estimating costs to repair or replace a facility or structure to restore it to its pre-disaster design
• Providing services such as: technical, cost estimating, disaster recovery or management with an emphasis on construction-related activities
• Review construction activities to restore pre-disaster condition and evaluating grants that local municipalities have applied for
• Inspecting construction work to ensure compliance with design documents and FEMA Public Assistance policy and procedure.
• High School diploma.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant construction experience required.
Does this sound like a good fit? Apply to the FEMA job here.
If you're ready to make a difference in the lives of others, consider a career at #FEMA. You can be proud to work for a federal agency that helps communities before, during, and after disasters.
When you're ready to apply, click here to find FEMA openings near you!
of our core values of integrity, compassion, fairness, and respect for those we reach out to and those we work with.