Workforce Solutions Alamo is targeting 2,000 participants to join their two-day fair May 4 and 5 from 9 AM - 2 PM. Learn more and register here.
Things to note:
- May 4 will be a virtual event, while May 5 will be in person
- High school and college students encouraged to attend
- There are dozens of companies scheduled to participate, including JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country, Courtyard by Marriott, St. Anthony Hotel, Marriott San Antonio Northwest, and more.
Many companies are looking to hire as Texas allows all businesses to reopen to 100% capacity.
Here’s a look at some of the job openings in the San Antonio area in March:
Amazon will open a new delivery station in San Marcos later this year that will create hundreds of jobs with a $15 per hour starting wage. Hiring will begin approximately eight weeks prior to the launch of the facility. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or the equivalent. Interested applicants can sign up for text alerts by texting JOBSNOW to 77088 to receive automated messages about job openings and can also go online to learn more and apply.
- Bubba’s 33
Is now hiring for 200 full and part-time positions, including pizza makers, meat cutters, hosts, servers, bartenders, dishwashers, and server assistants for a new restaurant location at 6930 West Loop 1604 North, which is set to open in April. Those interested in employment can apply online or apply at the hiring trailer, in the restaurant parking lot, between 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Go Rio
Will hold a job fair from Noon-3 p.m., March 16-18 at the Tower of the Americas. “Our team members enjoy a fun, family-oriented environment, medical & dental benefits and a great opportunity for career growth,” a Facebook post states. Job openings include tour guides/boat captains, mechanics, sales manager, facility and admissions. For additional information, call 210-227-4746.
- Morgan’s Wonderland
Will hold a job fair from 3 to 7 p.m. on March 19 to fill hourly openings. Before the event, jobseekers should submit information about themselves on the Morgan’s Wonderland website.
- Reaching Maximum Independence
A nonprofit organization, is looking for caring individuals for full-time and part-time jobs to help adults with intellectual developmental disabilities reach their maximum potential in a group home setting, foster care, day habilitation, supportive employment, etc. Interested applicants can apply online.
Is hiring for hundreds of positions at the marine life park and Aquatica waterpark. The parks are looking to fill more than 500 part-time and seasonal positions including park operations, merchandise, food service, lifeguards and maintenance. Those interested can apply here today
- Spurs Sports & Entertainment
Is looking to hire about 75 new part-time employees. Interested candidates should visit SS&E Careers Site or text “FAMILY” to 97211.
- Steves & Sons, Inc.
Is hiring for 100 full-time and part-time positions including production, forklift, data clerk, and quality control. Must be at least 18 years of age. Those interested can apply online at www.stevesdoors.com/career by calling 210-253-7840, or in-person at 211 New Laredo Hwy San Antonio TX 78211 or 121 Humble Rd San Antonio TX 78225.
Is looking for experienced production workers to fill positions including machine operators for robotic welding machines, conveyance workers and stamping machine loaders. Interested applicants can send an email to email@example.com or call Yvette at 210-231-5548.
- Wingstop Restaurants
Are hiring for all positions in multiple locations in San Antonio and the surrounding areas up into Austin. Applicants can apply online.
Happy applying friends!!
Have questions please ask!
- Ensuring the safe and accurate loading of buses prior to and/or during passenger loading
- Organizing loading so that it maximizes space and prevents damage to baggage
- Accurately identify and release baggage to the passenger with the matching claim check
- Maintain baggage sorting areas (cleanliness and sorting accuracy)
- Professionally engage with customers; routine answering questions
- Directs customers to appropriate areas of the terminal to obtain desired services
San Antonio, TX - The Onin Group is hiring Maintenance Tech III _ Food Production workers.
- The Maintenance Technician is a highly skilled worker who maintains and repairs machinery in a plant or factory environment.
- The Maintenance Technician must be able to detect minor problems and correct them before they become major by using Preventive Maintenance techniques.
- Examines work orders and converses with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance tasks using checklists to optimize machine inspections, such as checking, cleaning, and repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems.
- Uses checklists and PM procedures to optimize machine repair.
- Maintains equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Disassembles defective equipment so that repairs can be made, using hand tools and gauges.
- Adjusts working parts such as drive belts, pulleys, drive chains, and sprockets, using hand tools or power tools.
- Performs diagnostic procedures using multimeters, sensor testers, power supplies and other specialized equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunction using factory authorized technical manuals and interprets basic electrical diagrams.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder, and other metal working tools.
- Tests faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment and software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
- Repairs and adjusts equipment, machines, and defective components, replacing worn parts such as gaskets and seals in watertight electrical equipment.
- Repairs and rebuilds defective mechanical parts in electric motors, gearboxes and related equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Solders, wraps, and coats wires to ensure proper insulation.
- Welds, brazes, or solders electrical connections.
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation and repair procedures.
- Develop or modify industrial electronic devices, circuits, and equipment according to available specifications.
- Measure velocity, horsepower, revolutions per minute (rpm), amperage, circuitry, and voltage of units or parts to diagnose problems, using ammeters, voltmeters, wattmeters, and other testing devices.
- Reassemble repaired electric motors to specified requirements and ratings, using hand tools and electrical meters.
- Rewire electrical systems, and repair or replace electrical accessories.
- Inspect electrical connections, wiring, relays, charging resistance boxes, and storage batteries, following wiring diagrams.
- Assemble electrical parts such as alternators, generators, starting devices, and switches, following schematic drawings and using hand, machine, and power tools.
- Calibrates testing instruments and installs or repairs equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Calibrates and sets-up Variable Frequency and DC drives.
- Minimum 8 years work experience in a maintenance environment.
- Industrial HVAC and Refrigeration experience a must.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions and good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of industrial tools and test equipment.
- Proven ability to repair industrial maintenance components such as motors, pumps, gearboxes, belt and chain driven components, etc.
- Ability to calibrate and set-up Variable Frequency and DC drives.
- Superior knowledge and comprehension of PLC installations, troubleshooting and programming.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Onin believes that your health is important. Medical benefits should be affordable and easy to use with your busy schedule. That’s why we offer our teammates custom-built benefits that are affordable and convenient to use.
- When you’re a part of our team, you will have affordable benefits you’ll actually want to use such as; $5 Prescription drug copays, $5 Doctor’s Visit copays, Free Teledoctor Service, Free Counseling Services, Life Insurance Included, Vision Insurance Included, Dental Insurance Included, Vacation and Holiday Pay and Scholarship Opportunities. You will get these amazing benefits and more after just 30 days.
Apply online today for immediate employment consideration at https://jobs.oningroup.com
The USPS is hiring in San Antonio, Texas and looking for a city carrier assistant.
Not in Texas? No problem, scroll down to the bottom!
The job pays $17.29 per hour
What you will do
Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases as required.
Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another carrier along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery.
Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former customers on the route.
Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes and centralized delivery equipment.
In addition, may perform any of the following duties: check hotels and other establishments to ensure that mail for residents undeliverable as addressed is not improperly held; deliver stamps or other paper supplies to contract or classified stations and other designated delivery points; serves at carriers' delivery window; receive and register where practical, all letters and packages of first-class matter properly offered for registration; case mail and make deliveries on other routes as assigned.
Background checks will be required for this role.
Click the link that best fits you
To anyone who has friends and family in #Texas please share pass this information along.
"Texans can find more details about community resources and warming centers in their area by calling 877-541-7905 or 211, the state’s free 24-hour helpline."
This Texas Tribune article has information on How to help and get help in Texas as the winter storm causes power outages
Please share! And anyone with power and who is looking to help - info is at the bottom of the article. Stay safe Texas!
Aramark is hosting job fairs on December 9th& 18th from 10AM - 5PM!
We are looking for YOU to join our team! We have some awesome BENEFITS-Free parking, free meal at check in , and daily employee raffle + weekly grand prize!
See the link below!
To Apply visit:
USE keyword: AT&T center
Military service members, veterans and spouses are invited to attend this exciting employment networking event being hosted by UnitedHealth Group, (UHG) and WellMed next Thursday, November 14, in San Antonio, TX.
As an event participant you will have an opportunity to meet face to face with Managers and discover the vast career tracks available at UHG & WellMed.
UHG & WellMed veteran employees will also be at this event sharing information about their current role(s) and successful career transition strategies they used to help them land the job.
Business leaders and recruiters will also be available to network and provide career guidance based on your military skill set.
Click here to review all the event details and registration instructions. Hope you can make it out!
Getting No-Where with online applications?
The Kindred Hospital in San Antonio is offering Certified Nursing Assistants, (CNA) open interviews every Tuesday between 1p - 4p, at the Kindred Hospital , 3636 Medical Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229.
No Appointment Needed - Walk-In's Welcome!!
Click here and explore all the opportunities!