Interested in this topic? Be the first to follow.
Ask a question
over 6 months ago
San Antonio, TX - The Onin Group is hiring Maintenance Tech III _ Food Production workers.
- The Maintenance Technician is a highly skilled worker who maintains and repairs machinery in a plant or factory environment.
- The Maintenance Technician must be able to detect minor problems and correct them before they become major by using Preventive Maintenance techniques.
- Examines work orders and converses with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance tasks using checklists to optimize machine inspections, such as checking, cleaning, and repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems.
- Uses checklists and PM procedures to optimize machine repair.
- Maintains equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Disassembles defective equipment so that repairs can be made, using hand tools and gauges.
- Adjusts working parts such as drive belts, pulleys, drive chains, and sprockets, using hand tools or power tools.
- Performs diagnostic procedures using multimeters, sensor testers, power supplies and other specialized equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunction using factory authorized technical manuals and interprets basic electrical diagrams.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder, and other metal working tools.
- Tests faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment and software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
- Repairs and adjusts equipment, machines, and defective components, replacing worn parts such as gaskets and seals in watertight electrical equipment.
- Repairs and rebuilds defective mechanical parts in electric motors, gearboxes and related equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Solders, wraps, and coats wires to ensure proper insulation.
- Welds, brazes, or solders electrical connections.
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation and repair procedures.
- Develop or modify industrial electronic devices, circuits, and equipment according to available specifications.
- Measure velocity, horsepower, revolutions per minute (rpm), amperage, circuitry, and voltage of units or parts to diagnose problems, using ammeters, voltmeters, wattmeters, and other testing devices.
- Reassemble repaired electric motors to specified requirements and ratings, using hand tools and electrical meters.
- Rewire electrical systems, and repair or replace electrical accessories.
- Inspect electrical connections, wiring, relays, charging resistance boxes, and storage batteries, following wiring diagrams.
- Assemble electrical parts such as alternators, generators, starting devices, and switches, following schematic drawings and using hand, machine, and power tools.
- Calibrates testing instruments and installs or repairs equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Calibrates and sets-up Variable Frequency and DC drives.
- Minimum 8 years work experience in a maintenance environment.
- Industrial HVAC and Refrigeration experience a must.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions and good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of industrial tools and test equipment.
- Proven ability to repair industrial maintenance components such as motors, pumps, gearboxes, belt and chain driven components, etc.
- Ability to calibrate and set-up Variable Frequency and DC drives.
- Superior knowledge and comprehension of PLC installations, troubleshooting and programming.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Onin believes that your health is important. Medical benefits should be affordable and easy to use with your busy schedule. That’s why we offer our teammates custom-built benefits that are affordable and convenient to use.
- When you’re a part of our team, you will have affordable benefits you’ll actually want to use such as; $5 Prescription drug copays, $5 Doctor’s Visit copays, Free Teledoctor Service, Free Counseling Services, Life Insurance Included, Vision Insurance Included, Dental Insurance Included, Vacation and Holiday Pay and Scholarship Opportunities. You will get these amazing benefits and more after just 30 days.
Apply online today for immediate employment consideration at https://jobs.oningroup.com