If you are interested in becoming a driver for Lyft, but either don't want to use or car or don't currently have one...no problem!
Lyft's Express Drive Program allows you to rent a car and start earning right away!
Here are somethings to know:
Lyft deducts rental costs from your earnings so it's all in one place. No surprise charges!
There's no long-term commitment with Express Drive. Keep your rental for as long as you'd like and return anytime after your first seven days.
You must be at least 25 to reserve a rental.
Want to learn more? Check out more info here from Lyft.
Need some side hustle inspiration? Here are side jobs you can do without a car.
A driver this past week reviewed their experience working for Postmates.
Great experience Delivery Driver (Current Employee) - Houston, TX - June 11, 2021
"I love my job, helping others is so rewarding. You smile and make someone’s day better. Being kind and respectful is very important to me and I want my customers to feel appreciated and valued. I believe that going out of my way getting extra sauce,pickles, napkins and notifying them of any changes to their order or problems with merchant helps me stand out from other drivers."
Pros- Flexible hours, good pay
The Lyft Driver app and its features help you make money you can depend on. When you're ready, cash out instantly.
You’ll need to meet the age requirement for your region, have a smartphone, and pass an online DMV and background check
Need a car?
Get one when you want or need it from Lyft's trusted Express Drive partners. Also included: insurance, maintenance, and unlimited miles to earn with Lyft.
Start driving for Lyft and be your own boss!
Hi follow Jobcasers, There are some apps you can try to find something to tide you over. Try Wonolo, TaskRabbit, Bluecrew, Gigwalk or Adecco. They are somewhat like a temp agency however, you choose where and when you work.
A gig is a job that allows you to work for companies as a contractor. Uber, Lyft, Instacart, Postmates, etc...
These are great opportunities for folks looking to get a few extra bucks in the bank.
There is one big caveat to know about these positions. They are 1099 contractor positions, which means that federal, state, and other taxes are not withheld from your pay. This means more money in your pocket up front, but keep in mind, Uncle Sam wants his due.
These companies have to file paperwork with the state and federal government that shows who was paid and how much. At the end of the year, when it is time to file taxes, you will receive a 1099, 1099-MISC, 1099-K, etc...
You will use these forms to file your taxes for the year. You will owe your share of taxes at this time. Make sure that each payment you receive, you are setting enough aside to pay these taxes.
If you feel exhausted from looking for a full-time position it might be time to step back and consider taking a gig job! ...OR if you have a job, but would like to make more money this is the post for you!
A gig job (aka “side-hustle”) is something that provides the money you need to survive NOW. In most cases, you are able to make your own hours and be your own boss!
• [Instacart] (https://careers.instacart.com/openings/) (shop and deliver groceries) Great for people who like structure, organization, and those little details. You can also make tips!
• [Rover] (https://www.rover.com/become-a-sitter/?ref=header) (get paid to play with dogs) Perfect for those who love animals! Not a dog person? No worries, you can also pick and choose which types of pets you would like to work with. Learn how to make the most money with your Rover experience [here] (https://www.thesimpledollar.com/how-to-make-money-dog-sitting-through-rover/) in this article.
• [Doordash] (https://www.doordash.com/dasher/signup/) (food delivery) Bring home the bacon for yourself and for others in this role where you can make over $10 an hour delivering food from local restaurants.
• [Lyft] (https://www.lyft.com/driver) (driver) Love to drive? You can get paid for it! New drivers have options to earn some really great cash bonuses. Set your own hours and drive when YOU want to! No car? No problem you can also rent one from Lyft's rental program. Find out more info [here] (https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000293648-Express-Drive-Rental-Car-Program)
• [Amazon Flex] (https://flex.amazon.com/?) (package delivery) Set your own hours and use your own vehicle to deliver packages for Amazon. You can make upwards of $18-25 per hour!
Have you ever worked a gig job? How was it?? : )