Welcome to the Jobcase resource center for unemployment in Wyoming. If you are here, you are probably trying to figure out your unemployment benefits to keep you afloat during this challenging time. Applying for unemployment benefits can be complicated, so we put together these resources to help you navigate.
What is it called?
The Wyoming Department of Workforce Services (DWS) runs the state’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) program.
The fastest way to file a claim is online here.
You can also file for unemployment benefits or get help with your application by calling the Customer Navigation Center at (307) 473-3789.
In order to reduce hold times for telephone filings, claims will be taken on specific days, based on the first letter of the claimant's last name.
- If your last name begins with A-M: please file your claim on Monday, Wednesday or before noon on Friday
- If your last name begins with N-Z: please file your claim on Tuesday, Thursday or after noon on Friday
Info you need to apply
To apply for unemployment, you need to provide personal information including:
- Your Social Security Number
- The name, mailing address, and phone number of your last employer
- The last day you worked
- If you worked outside of Wyoming within the last 18 months, you will also need the names and dates worked for those employers
- If you worked during the week you will need the hours worked, rounded down to the next lowest hour, as well as the gross amount earned (the total before any deductions),rounded down to the next lowest dollar amount. If you worked during the week, you will not be allowed to claim the week without wage and hour information. Be aware that wages reported are verified with employers to ensure proper payments
- If you received holiday pay, vacation pay or severance pay be sure you know the gross amount for each, rounded down to the next lowest dollar amount
- If you received self-employment income, be sure you know the net amount rounded down to the next lowest dollar amount
FAQs + Resources
Additional instructions for filing can be found using the Wyoming DWS guide to Unemployment Benefits: here.
Good luck, we're here to help!
Information is changing quickly. Please consult the state's applicable website provided above to be sure the information is valid.