Welcome to the Jobcase resource center for unemployment in Ohio. If you are here, you are probably trying to figure out your unemployment benefits to keep you afloat during this challenging time. Applying for unemployment benefits can be complicated, so we put together these resources to help you navigate.
What is it called?
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services runs the state’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) program.
The fastest way to file a claim is online here.
You can also file a claim by phone at
- Toll-Free: 1-877-644-6562
- TTY: 1-614-387-8404
During business hours below:
- Monday - Friday 7AM - 5PM
- Saturday 9AM - 5PM
- Sunday 9AM -1PM
Info you need to apply
To apply for unemployment, you need to provide personal information including
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license or state ID number
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- Name, address, telephone number, and dates of employment with each employer you worked for during the past 6 weeks of employment
- The reason you became unemployed from each employer
- Dependents' names, Social Security numbers, and dates of birth
- If claiming dependents, your spouse's name, Social Security number, and birth date
- Your regular occupation and job skills
You may need additional information in certain situations
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or national, alien registration number and expiration date
- Form DD-214 (Member 4 copy), if you served in the military in the last 18 months
- Form SF-50 or SF-8, if you are a federal civilian employee
- Your bank routing number and checking/savings account number, if Direct Deposit is desired
FAQ + Resources
For guides on how to apply please see this video walk through and for assistance concerning COVID-19, click here.
Good luck, we're here to help!
Information is changing quickly. Please consult the state's applicable website provided above to be sure the information is valid.