Unemployment Benefits in Alaska

Jobcase Team
Official Account

Welcome to the Jobcase resource center for unemployment in Alaska. If you are here, you are probably trying to figure out your unemployment benefits to keep you afloat during this challenging time. Applying for unemployment benefits can be complicated, so we put together these resources to help you navigate.

What is it called?

Alaska’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) program is dedicated to providing unemployed workers fast and accurate payment of UI benefits.


For the fastest service, apply online. Online services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To file, log in here.

Important: To submit applications online you must read and certify as instructed and click "I AGREE" to complete the application process. Keep a copy for your records and comply as instructed, or benefits may be denied. The confirmation page will provide important links such as ALEXsys, direct deposit and work search log.

By Phone

You can also file for unemployment benefits or get help with your application by calling a Claim Center. The number you call depends on where you live:

  • Anchorage: 907-269-4700
  • Fairbanks: 907-451-2871
  • Juneau: 907-465-5552
  • All other areas: 907-252-2557

Info you need to apply

To apply for unemployment, you need to provide personal information including

  • Social Security Number.
  • Current mailing and physical address.
  • A telephone number where you can be contacted.
  • Most recent employer’s name, address, and phone number (as shown on your pay stub).
  • Dates of employment and the reason you are no longer working, for example (quit, fired, lack of work, on-call, or working part-time). It is important to provide your last, actual, physical, day of work, when completing the online application.
  • Total hours worked and gross wages earned in the last week you worked.
  • Information about any retirement income you are receiving.
  • If you served in the military in the past 18 months, you will need to fax copy 4 of your DD214.
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need your Alien Registration Number, the type of card you have, and the expiration date. To begin, go to my.alaska.gov. Under Services

FAQ + Resources

Click here to learn more.

Good luck, we're here to help! Information is changing quickly. Please consult the state's applicable website provided above to be sure the information is valid.

View another state 
Articles from the Jobcase community