Benefits of working with DoorDash
DoorDash Dashers are classified as gig workers or independent contractors, and full medical and health benefits are not guaranteed. But, there are still options in place that help provide peace of mind and security while working as a Dasher.
Medical and health benefits at DoorDash
DoorDash partners with Stride Health, an insurance coverage company that connects individuals with health plans covered under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Stride Health acts as the liaison between you and a medical insurance provider with options that are both affordable and robust.
- Medical Insurance: Personalized ACA plan recommendation at the lowest price possible with year-round customer support.
- Dental: Able to use the selected plan just one month after enrollment at over 300,000 locations nationwide. 100% of all dental cleanings and regular check-ups are covered.
- Vision: Able to use the selected plan just one month after enrollment at over 84,000 locations nationwide. Only $120 for glasses or contacts.
Currently, DoorDash is the only food delivery service company that offers a benefit program to its employees. Eligible Dashers who choose to participate in the Rewards program are able to unlock rewards like higher pay, cards for gas, and DoorDash credits.
Each month, you must meet the below requirements by mid-month and maintain those stats until the last day of the month.
- Customer rating of at least 4.7
- Completion rate of at least 95%
- Acceptance rate of at least 70%
- 100 completed deliveries during the last month
- At least 200 lifetime deliveries completed
COVID-19 Related Benefits
In the wake of COVID-19, DoorDash has launched a Financial Assistance Program (FAP) for eligible Dashers in the United States as well as other aid to assist their essential workers.
** Eligibility requirements:**
- Must have been active on the DoorDash platform for at least 30 days.
- Must have completed at least 30 deliveries in the last 30 days (counting back from the date medical documentation was acquired).
- You are tested positive for COVID-19 and provide necessary medical documentation.
- You are placed in quarantine by a public health official.
To apply for the program:
- Visit the to the Support web form here and enter your full name and the email associated with your Dasher account.
- Choose Payments in the Category dropdown menu.
- Choose COVID-19 Financial Assistance as a subcategory.
- In the Description field, please specify how you meet the requirements above.
Dashers Covid-19 Supplies
Doordash cares deeply about the safety of Dashers and has created an online store where you can order Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at absolutely no cost (including shipping) on products including hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks. Please note that quantities may be limited and the inventory will be restocked as it becomes available.
I have been working for Door Dash for 2 weeks and still haven't received my welcome pack nor the red or white cards .... would like to get the Door Dash rewards.....
Sad doordash looks down on a person with a misdemeanor from 7yrs ago and won't hire them. Over looks that from that misdemeanor 7yrs ago to present never been in trouble again. Able to do deliveries for a multi billion dollar company for 10yrs delivering thousands of dollars of packages daily. But not allowed to deliver food. To make doordash and myself money. Look at the positive in people. Not look down on people.