Decades of studies have shown that the people most satisfied with their work are those who find a fundamental match between their employer’s values and their own.
What's your secret to happiness at work? #happiness #jobsearch
One of my best jobs was working at a restaurant as a server for very little money. I had done this work before and got wrongly accused of doing something awful by one place and was fired. Well, one of my coworkers had recently quit and gone to another restaurant as a manager. I got a call from her saying I could come work there. I felt really, really great about that because it showed trust. What the other place accused me of was so awful, but worse I couldn't believe that was how low they thought of me. Anyway, I did go to the other place and after a girl quit i actully would up basically running the front of the restuarant. I'd open and work lunch until about 3 o 4. We'd have a rush for many an hour, then nothing. It was a small place and only 3 servers at lunch. The others left shortly after and I was alone. It was rarely busy but to compensate me they paid me a lot more for that time rather than the usual $2 hour waitstaff get because I wasn't earning a ton of tips. Oh, and any tables the 2 mangers picked up, they gave me the tips. Here, no one micromanaged me or played sneaky, 'f*ing' games. Customers always loved me and praised me, so there weren't issues unless these managers who usually were about 18 and how they got the job as a manager, only god knows. Anyway, despite not making a ton of money I didn't hate going to work. I enjoyed it. In the other place I was so anxious and nervous everytime I walked in the place. Why? Because at the old, old, old age of 48, I was the oldest one there. wow. And because I'm also only 4' 11" about 90 lbs, they like to screw with me and make sure I had really heavy trays, with soup, etc. Pretty easy for some 20 year old, 6' 4" guy, but it was difficult for me. I still got the food there but it may take another trip or a cowoker, I don't know why but this one place was just horrible. I always took on shifts of absent coworkers, never called in sick, and my sidework was spic and span. The customers constantly made me drag over the manager to praise me, so I don't g et it why these people were so, so, so nasty to me. I don't go to a job to lean on a counter or find a boyfriend. I go there to work. If I had bar orders, they'd put them at the end of the line so my customers would wait and I'd stand there like an idiot. It was like I was there to be their 'whipping person,' and let's see how far we can push her.
I have the best work experience in places where I can listen to classic rock. It's like a party every day.
I worked at Denny's in the early 80s..met my first wife we worked together...
It is because if you enjoy your job u will go to work and work and you won't spend the day trying to find a way to get the hell out of there you will give 110 percent doing it instead of 10 percent and the other 90 percent griping about it
Wherever I have found myself, I have learned to be content. It is not the place, it’s the person.
Having a great supervisor, who sometimes understand your situation, Some managers & supervisor don't have a clue or don't care if you have children that gets sick sometimes or you are going thru situations at home. I have one were l work. Very understanding and Nice!!! 😃
For some it is a must to be happy at work, getting my work done and being employed makes me satisfied. Ford
Been there done that. Also having to prove yourself in your work . Depends on the manager there always someone who micromanages. Show that you don't have to watched over. Worked in warehousing and transportation prove your dependable on time and one that helps the most ask to be cross trained. Learn as much as you can in any position your more valuable with knowledge. You know you have reached the right point in a job when your supervisor tell good job and you don't see them for the whole shift.
Freedom. Freedom to be able to do my job without someone looking over my shoulder trying to micromanage when I have clearly demonstrated that it isn't necessary. Freedom to learn new aspects of the job. Freedom to grow and not become stagnant and tied down to the same boring routine day in and day out.