I met with a large staffing company based out of Charlotte today and they're doing some pretty cool things!
One of which is developing mini-workshops and learning materials to address topics that are important to employees in either their job search or their career development.
They've hosted hands-on workshops on resume writing and another mini leadership course for employees being promoted into supervisor roles for the first time in their careers - a great start!
What other topics would be helpful for a company to address?
Hi Laura Turner, some common career development areas I've noticed resinating in the community recently circle around the following:
- Career change and transitioning tips
- The art of reinvention oneself for new careers
- Overcoming employment gaps
- Resume and Application profile Optimization Formatting to beat the Application Tracking System, (ATS)
- Effective Follow-up Contact and Correspondence Strategies to lad Job Offers
This is an excellent employer/recruiter initiative. Thanks for the update :-)