Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Sample answers that will impress any hiring manager
Last updated: November 10, 2022

Comments

James Hatchell

i see myself either in College working part time or in a career,I am working on it.

MOUSSA ABDELKERIM OUCHAR
N'Djamena Refinery Co.LTD Po.Box : 6550, Street of Marseille, N'Djamena-Chad

“Honestly, I don't 100% know what the next ten or five years of my career have in store for me, and I can't tell you with complete certainty what I'll look like then. But I do know two things very well: first is that my daily tasks require me to continue to perform (Petrochemical,polymer process) every day of my work. The second is that I will most likely continue to work (oil and energy)

Laurie Bernhardt

I'm going to be dead in 5 years thank you very much.

William Goliday

I see myself being a successful young man working A good paying and sustainable job !

Sheryl Armstrong

5yr.goals, would included the abilities to offer quality in the interactions, with other staff individuals plus the public. Gain skills to uplift the company, evaluate and minimize any errors, or miscommunication issues. Refine education abilities to not just current employment responsibilities also future areas. Most of all to be living after 5 years.

Andrew Lonewolf
Dump Truck Driver at Cumberland Valley Contracting

I can only be honest with an employer, Where I see myself in 5 years is being retired.

Richard Norris

At 68, and having been self-employed for a while, I am looking for my last employer, one who can use the skills I bring now and who would like for me to mentor a few younger people to better enable them to step up and learn my skill set, so that the company can continue to offer those services after I semi-retire.

I would be available to step in temporarily when needed, say when one of those I mentored went on vacation or when they are still busy on a few projects and the company lands a new project requiring my skills. In other words, I would like to transition from a full-time employee/mentor into the back-up and fill in person when the company needs it.

Or, I would semi-retire and focus more narrowly on an area where the employees developing their skills don't have my level of skill yet and continue to mentor them, as they become stronger.

John Dilatush

The response to a question about what is your worst attribute is harder. I have tried to say it’s that I’m a smart ass but that has to be phrased correctly or can backfire big time.

Deborah Wolfe
Hr Manager at Textron

What should a 63yo worker say when they plan to retire in 3.5 years?

Elke Roy

So answer me this question. In answering these five where do you see yourself in five years or 10. But you are in your 50s, but no way look it, Act or seems slow minded. Actually you're closer to 58 that you feel you have such great value and helping others reach their goals and learning new skills and how to relate to a younger generation of workers. These people being the younger ones don't have quite the same work ethic I've seen in people my age group and older. I feel that all of these places that advertise for employees may take a look at a date of high school graduation birthday of course and simply put you aside. I haven't work outside of the home in the past 10 years I feel like I've kind of aged myself out of the workforce. Is this at all truth? Is it a downfall to a future employer? Can they see the possibilities of that maturity and ethic being put to use and also helping the new employee that is older learn and take that wisdom further. I'm not intimidated by the younger employee. I'm more intimidated at the fact that they may not be" team driven". Have not work in this situation but I've seen it in other businesses that I patronize. For example two people maybe you're getting off and everybody could be getting off at the same time because I'm the last Patron in there and if everyone chipped in and help the person that did come in later finish up a job but everyone could leave at the same time to me that seems that saves the company money and shows each other employee how to support each other and not like I said punch a time clock.