At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will provide exemplary customer service by processing group disability income insurance claims in a timely and accurate manner.
Short Term Disability Claims Specialist
- Manages assigned caseload of short-term disability (STD) and/or Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims
- Determines whether to return, pend, deny or pay claims. Inputs data
- Evaluates claimant eligibility via information received from claimant, attending physician, and employer
- Decides payment period, follows up and monitors payment accuracy and timeliness
- Follows established claim policies and practices to resolve claims and issues
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required