The most common question asked during an interview or at a job fair is, “Why should we hire you?”
Answering these 5 simple questions and writing them down will help you pull your pitch together in NO time, so you feel prepared and confident. Let's take a look!
• What is the EXACT job description (write it down) and how do MY skills match up with it? Be as specific as possible.
• Why do I really want this job beyond having a steady paycheck and/or benefits/other perks? Make sure to focus on what you can bring to them not the other way around!
• What are three awesome things I did in my previous role (think skills and experiences) that I can offer in this one?
• What are the five strongest reasons I am a great fit for this job?
• What are some positive things I can say about the company I want to to work for, and how can I connect what they do with what I can bring to them?
-Tailor your pitch to the company, make it about them!
-Keep your pitch simple, short and memorable. It should be 30 seconds to a minute but not much longer.
-They want to know what you bring to the table so stick to your plan and don’t lose focus and ramble.
-By the end of the pitch, the employer should know who you are, what you do, and what you are looking for.
Check out these [samples pitches] (https://www.thebalancecareers.com/elevator-speech-examples-and-writing-tips-2061976) and other ideas!
So, what will you say when they ask...
Why should we hire you?
I need any kind of job please
Hi am Christine can I get a job like housekeeper or cleaner
Tell me exactly what to say. I ca. can read a script.
Try a company called sykes
I need work at home jobs
Junior level .Net software developer looking for literally anything at this point! Thank you
Am willing to help an kind of way I just need a job
This one always gets me so thanks.