Learn the various benefits offered to Lyft drivers, in addition to the independence and flexible scheduling of gig work.
Work when you want, where you want, and how you want as a Lyft driver. This independence and flexibility is one of the core benefits of being a #rideshare driver. In addition to earning on your own schedule, Lyft offers a number of other driver benefits.
Eligible for Lyft Direct Debit Card
- All drivers are eligible for the Left Direct Debit Card as soon as you start driving
- Lyft Direct is a secure, online bank account and debit card, enabling that you get paid instantly after every ride
- No-fee bank account with access to over 20,000 fee-free ATMs
- Cash back on gas (2%), groceries (1%), and select dining (4%)
Access to Driver Centers
- Lyft Driver Centers offer everything you and your vehicle needs: from standard maintenance, to services and repairs when something breaks down, including free diagnostic inspections. Plus enjoy a comfy lounge, refreshments, and driver support from our Lyft Community Associates.
- Quickly deal with car maintenance for less at these community spaces
- Reliably low-cost services with the goal of saving you up to 50% off for common repairs
- Finding a skilled mechanic fast while you’re working is hard to find. Drie Centers have highly-skilled auto teams that address common car repairs, including oil changes, tire rotations, and brake services
- Driver Center locations include Austin, Chicago, Denver, Phoenix, San Diego, and San Francisco. Additional locations are coming soon.
Access to Mobile Service Vans
- Mobile Service vans bring quality car repairs to you when them. To get service, just go to “Service” in your driver app, and set up a time to meet when and where it works for you.
- You choose where to receive maintenance — home, work, or anywhere we’re able to reach you
- Get back on the road fast with quick and efficient service —the Lyft Mobile Service service van comes to you when you need help.
- Current locations include Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.
Eligible for supplemental car insurance
While Lyft drivers are required to have a personal auto insurance policy that meets minimum state coverage minimums, not all personal auto policies cover drivers while they’re driving for work. Lyft is partnered with GEICO, Buckle, and Mobilitas to offer additional insurance coverage when the Lyft (worker) app is on
- When Your App Is On and Waiting for a Ride Request
- Lyft provides third-party liability insurance for covered accidents if your personal insurance does not apply.
- $50,000/person for bodily injury
- $100,000/accident for bodily injury
- $25,000/accident for property damage
- When Your App Is On and You’re Picking up Passengers or During Rides:
Skills and Certifications
Lyft knows that thousands of drivers are looking for opportunities to take their English proficiency to the next level. Through partnerships with Duolingo, an American language-learning website and mobile app, and the National Immigration Forum, one of the nation’s premier immigration policy organizations, drivers across six markets (Seattle, Houston, Chicago, Miami, New York City, and New Jersey) will have access to free language learning tools, plus the option to earn an English proficiency certification by taking the Duolingo English Test for free.
Drivers can also take advantage of the National Immigration Forum’s blended learning option, “Skills and Opportunity for the New American Workforce.” It’s a combination of in-person classes and an online platform. Drivers will learn from accredited community college instructors who are experts in English language learning. At the end of the 6-week course, drivers are awarded certificates of completion.
These services are free to drivers and include offline access, progress quizzes and no ads, in addition to a digital certification in English that can be used as proof of English proficiency to apply to other jobs.
Hear more from the community by following these topics:
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment.