4 million Americans quit in April - why?
Last updated: November 10, 2022
4 million Americans quit in April - why?

Comments

Show previous comments
CARLETTE COLLINS
Procurement Analyst Trainer Fleet Coordinator at Intertek

Umm ‘scuze me Sunshine, but I have worked for over 30 years and paid into the unemployment insurance pot for all of those years, so I’m entitled to those benefits now that I’m unemployed and I’m definitely not a deadbeat!

Sylvia B.

I will not teach CRT or mask up kids amongst other “WOKE” absurdities. After 21 years working in Education! I’m no longer allowed to do the job I was hired for: Reading, Writing, Math, Science, etc..

Michaela's and Nicole's Channel

Beth Safley,, I worked for 11 years at the same job and ended up on unemployment. Unemployment is taken from my ex employers insurance that she pays for. Not your dollars. And I surely didn't get more in unemployment than my work wages.

sy jones

people, we are not talking about oh why some people getting unemployment .unemployment is a necessary part of life. we have to go back and look at how we got to this point. majority of people in work force in this day and age are in service industry, those who work in these offices mainly do nothing but pushing paper, trust me . I been in the work force public and privet for over 30 years .the notion of, if you work hard you will be rewarded is an illusion. is unattainable. we can not get fooled by this idea that if I work hard I will get promoted to the next position . the restaurant worker, is never gonna own his or her restaurant. the mailroom clerk in that corporation never gonna own a piece of that company, the farm worker never gonna own his or her piece of land, the car salesman never gonna own his or her car dealership , the gas station attendant never gonna own his gas station , we can go on and on. governments come and go and they all scream they make life better for working class , have they lighten the weight on your shoulder? working class has to work at least 2 jobs to make ends meet what $15 an hour do if prices of everything has gone up. all these jobs are noting but unemployment and welfare checks just to survive. I have a whole lot more to say let's talk.

Charles Wright

Bad management is the source of most good employees leaving, case and point Amazon

Jose Hernandez

They found out (woke-up) to realize their job was boring, dead end, and maybe co-workers were getting a bit a pain in the rear. Altough I loved my job dealing and helping the public, I retired in 2006, co-workers weren't pulling their share and a "A boss is like a diaper—always on my ass and full of shit." I had planned to retire in another two years, but, couldn't wait that long

Al Lehman

Biden extended the unemployment benefits into September allowing the unemployed to earn a reasonable, not sustainable, income throughout the summer. States that have eliminated federal unemployment funding have seen a slight up tick in jobs being filled. No more government handouts. Once the unemployment faucet turns off I'm confident many will return to work.

Some believe, like Susan, unemployment is deserved money. The problem with that theory is there is no rate of return on those labor wages. When any company or entity generates no positive rate of return you will eventually go broke. when you work for wages and build products, those products can be sold for a return to pay for those labor expenses. Continuing to take wages without producing products will ultimately add to the inflation woes by continuing to pay labor costs with nothing to sell for a positive return. When people don't work to produce products the demand goes through the roof and it inspires high inflation during a short period of time. Just like we are seeing today. In the end, your free money gets further eroded in value because of the higher cost of living. You essentially stab yourself in the back.

I find it very socialistic that many people feel entitled. We earned it. You didn't earn anything. Your company contributes most of the funds into federal and state unemployment funds for your benefit. Those unemployment fees are paid for by the return you help to generate by offerinig your services. Be thankful for what you have received and go back to work to help your employer, co-workers and our nation. We will never be perfect, but for gods sake have some common sense when making decisons.

Michael Pauk

There you go. A hundred people. A hundred different answers.

Susan Newtom
Brand Ambassador at Phoodie Marketing

Not true, all the people on unemployment deserve that money. They have worked hard for their money. What is wrong with taking money that is due to us. No one is calling Jeff Bezos a dead beat for having their workers work in environment’s where COVID 19 was very prevalent. No one calls the Big Buck Guys criminals for paying workers “slaves wages”. So sad that people like you blame the little guys for getting a government benefit that they have earned. Their are a lot of Long Haulers who are still collecting employment because they are suffering the aftermath of this disease and cannot go out and find work due to health concerns.

Robert Berkeley
Intelligence Analyst at Cia Fbi Liason

Beth you are so clueless as to the misery in the American Workplace and the greed of so many so called Bosses. A living wage is a Right..Labor matters.