Unemployment Benefits: Overview
Here are the basics about Unemployment Insurance:
- Unemployment Insurance is a shared state and federal program that provides cash benefits to the unemployed.
- Typically, it's for eligible workers who have become unemployed due to circumstances that were not their own fault.
- Each state has their own program, but they all fall under guidelines set by the federal government.
- Each state determines who is eligible and the cap on the maximum benefit you can receive.
- Unemployment insurance benefits are based on a percentage of your earnings over the course of a 52-week period.
- Benefits must be reported on your income tax return for both federal and some state income taxes.
- If you prefer, you can choose to spread out your taxes by having them taken out of your benefit payments.
For more information specific to YOUR state, visit our state unemployment section!
Also, be sure to check out these helpful articles:
I need help to set up information in the my future time for now is : benefits resources, Apartment resource, Auto resource and mortgage resources, insurance resource, Jobs resources for me please help me
Hi lm.in.bad.suiation.lm.need.help.really bad.thank,s.very.much
They put a hold on my account and i cannot get a person on the phone can someone help me with my case please.
They have everything they need
I’ve got 4 weeks of certifications turned into ui, I’m on pandemic and my certification is saying regular ui and my info I’m on pandemic. I’ve had problem after problem with this happening the entire time.
I've been certified and was told by a sells representative out of her own mouth,"every thing looks perfect on your behalf and everything is popping up correct on my screen,you will be getting your 1st payment January 5th, 2021 ,it is now March 9th,2021 I filed and talked to the lady back on November 27th but I filed on November 15th ,I called to make sure i was eligible and how long would i have to wait and that's what the lady told me . Since January 7th,2021 to now (March 9,2021) I have yet to get in contact to talk to anyone about what is going on it just give me the bullshit automatic lines that they have recorded and no one picks up the phone and anytime I try to check the status of payment it says error then pops up pending deposit then boots me back to the main screen and it's been doing that for ,forever something has to change because this isn't right.
I need help with Rental assistance ,car insurance electric bill water .I've not received anything since December 27th an I refiled a new claim an my claim date is not til 11th of February .It's impossible to Get Assistance threw email or calls .
Its been almost 7 months and haven't heard anything from anyone. So frustrating not knowing whats going on i try and contact thru the chat and they say it's waiting to be determined .How long does that take. I am a single mom taking college classes
I been waiting for a response from the unemployment office for 5 months now a appeal letter came but no one never called or emailed me I filed for unemployment in 2020 month of July and still waiting for someone to contact me it ridiculous how long I been waiting