Struggling with unemployment? Your state rep may be able to help
Last updated: November 10, 2022
Struggling with unemployment? Your state rep may be able to help

Comments

Show previous comments
Michael Medeiros

I started my claim in January 2021 and now it is August the 26th that is eight months of waiting. I have been told that my claim is waiting for an adjuster. My previous employer didn't respond both times unemployment has tried contacting them. Now unemployment says an adjuster is working on my case. It has been about a month since the adjuster has been assigned to my case and no progress so far. I know that any former employer has 10 business days to respond to an unemployment claim it has definitely been more than ten days. I went threw all my savings and I suffered emotionally due to my former employer. Good luck everyone I wish you the best.

Nicole Waller

Im in Florida. I got 2 months of unemployment. I'm still claiming my weeks. But it's always something. And I had to reapply so I did and uploaded everything again and my money is still on hold. And ow there saying they have to prove who i am. And make sure im not locked up anymore. I went to the career center and no one wanted to help me at all. Im a single mother and get no help from father. And I have bills i have to pay i have a child. About to lose everything my House car and still can't find work. Food stamps don't even give you enough neither does wic. Can some one help me with my unemployment? What do I do?

Leangelioa Jordan
Sales Associate at Dillards

Valerie Garrrett the same thing happened to me in Louisiana. I dont owe anything. I did everything right. And people that are doing wrong are still getting it. I lost my apartment, had to sell all my paid for furniture and move all the way to Hawaii just to get a job. I'm living with family because it's so expensive here. I'm so pissed off because I can't get through to the appeals department. Scared to file my taxes because UNEPLOYMENT will take it. I'm calling the state representative to see if that actually work.😤🤔

Valerie Garrett
Na at Na

Im not understanding an overpayment status on my claim i was on pua i started working part time reported all wages benifits reduced everytime i speak with someone i get different information im confused fruatrated unable to access on the portal im struggling i just don't understand do anyone no what is going on i don't owe.

Dandre Simpson

Can anyone please explain to me the process of contacting The State Representative? I really need answers so that I can know what to be prepared for. Anyone? ...

J Waites

I can personally say that Michigans state senators administrative assistant emailed me directly literally 10 minutes after I submitted my email explaining my personal case. Unemployment called me that very next morning thanks to my Michigan Senator, Jim Ananich and his administrative assistant, Patrick! To everyone else, good luck in these trying times. If you cannot get through to a person in unemployment, I truly believe that this is the best advice you can get during this time! It's worked for me personally!

crayzie daisies

I. In ky, got my unemployment, they made me refile in January and now they are investigating while I go hungry!

Babette Storhiem

I'm in Wisconsin and I need a list of numbers for my state reps if any one knows them. Thank you

Keisha Williams-Butler

I was told that if you can KEEP CLAIMING your entitled to the weeks claimed.. So Im comming up on week 6 by this FRIDAY!!! so WHERE MY DAG ON MONEY!!??? Then today I get a email that THEY ALMOST FINISHED WITH THEY UPDATE!!!! WOW 40 days in the wilderness and they trying to feed us..GO PHAROH!!!!

Brian Yarbrough
Forklift at Selecsource

I’m in Georgia and I filed for UI on the first week of November and I have claimed every week since then but every week it says my claim is still in determination and they haven’t accepted or declined it yet and I don’t know what to do