Posted August 25, 2020

Popular positions at The Home Depot

Most popular positions to apply for at The Home Depot
Popular positions at The Home Depot

Below are the different careers areas with The Home Depot

The Home Depot retail positions

Sales | Customer Service

• These jobs go hand-in-hand at most Home Depots, and some stores combine them into one position

• Focus on meeting the customers’ needs, taking them to the correct area of the store or to the items they are looking for

• Up-sell customers on better items, if possible

Cashier
This position has two aspects depending on how the store is set up and what the store needs are during your shift:

• If you work in a store with self-checkout kiosks, there are cashiers who monitor all self-checkout machines and assist customers with the checkout process
  • You may also have a regular cashier job, checking out the items the customer brings to you, and finding someone to load them in the car for the customer

Store Support | Lot Associate (Operations)

In this role, you will load purchased items into the customers’ vehicle, dispose of trash and other debris left at the front of the store, and greet customers as they come in

Freight Associate (Operations)

• Work through the night stocking up store merchandise

• Ensure the store is clean, and organize the 'sales floor' by setting up the marketing displays and restocking merchandise

The Home Depot Supply Chain positions

General Warehouse Associate

Warehouse Associates are an essential part of The Home Depot distribution network

They keep products moving through the warehouse by unloading trucks from suppliers, moving merchandise with hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, motorized conveyors, etc., and loading for delivery to another store or customer.

General Office Associate

Office Associates perform several tasks within a warehouse, but one of the most important roles is acting as customer service. Office Associates schedule deliveries, troubleshoot orders, and are the main contact for customers, both in store and on the phone.

Drivers | Driver Helper

Drivers and Driver Helpers deliver product directly to customers from both warehouses and stores. Deliveries can include anything from light bulbs to lumber, and they ensure that the customer gets their purchases safely and on time.

Comments

Carmel Kalonga

I love it

greg maddox

Greg Maddox really enjoyed being plumbing assistance

Raymond Knapp

I work for a major retail company, the largest in the world of its type. It is a retail company and I have applied for department supervisor positions and other positions and have constantly been denied the positions. They always have hired much younger people without any or little experience in retail. I am 70 years old and have been a district manager for another company years ago with 25 stores under me all over the country so I know what I a simple department supevisor positon needs are. In fact I filled several times in for that position before when we lost our previous supervisors. I firmly believe that I am a victim of age discrimination.Any advice? And YES it is who you think it is look above! #ageism #retail #management #advice

Janyn Driscoll

Do you have any remote positions available?

Bill Schempp

I have a deep interest in helping people choose the part or decor for their home. I have been in the maintenance and handyman/ remodeling business for years and I am ready work steady at one place and let someone else get the experience I have working on homes.

Albert Stone

I think I would fit great in customer service dealing with tools on line and store Automotive and Aviation.

Arnoldo Aguila

I have lots of experience and would love help Home Depot and make a difference

Laura Sanchez

I really need a job, i had worked in my own as an esthetician but now need a job I can work full time. Crossing fingers

Carol Moreno

I would like to be a cashier or someone who can specialize in a department to help people find exactly what they’re looking for I am a people person I have experience as a cashier and also driving forklift and operating other machinery I’m interested in part-time work I’m flexible on hours I hope to find a job soon

Treasa Garrett

Interested in the General Office Associate position in or around Richmond, VA, Henrico, VA.