How your social media activity impacts your job search
Last updated: November 10, 2022
How your social media activity impacts your job search

Comments

Manda Institute for Counseling Services

Thanks for the article, very helpful insights. It's time I created my own website domain. I have not given out the best of myself, I never thought of myself as BRAND to brand and sell.

George Odom

I looked mine up and much of it was false. I told them to remove it they didn’t have my permission. I am going to talk to a friend who is a lawyer. I might have consented to a few select advitisers. I never gave it for publication.

Jess Green
Buyer at Mwi Pumps

I read through this article and I must admit that I feel a bit uneasy with the sad but true fact that potential employers comb through SOCIAL media , I understand that we all have a digital profile, but it is supposed to be SOCIAL, having the average use of most folks as a fun, entertaining tool in today's digital world. So when one is in the early 20's out partying with the gang taking half naked pics with the bottle of Jegermester acting like fools but having the absolute time of their lives should one day need to be concerned that a HR person is going to dismiss a candidate because they were not careful to keep their
SOCIAL profile professional. What a shame that this is where we have come to as a society. There are SOCIAL media profiles for business that I can understand the hiring parties intrusion as that is what the business profile is at least partially intended . I find it an intrusion of one's SOCIAL and family life to have some company combing through my intimate life (I can hear all of you but it is already on line) , passing a criticism on what is not exactly private but not in any way part of ones buisness life. This is just my two cents

Debbie McClellan

Social media is NOT a reliable way to check out someone. This should be considered discrimination and not allowed.

Mahamed Sulub
Healthcare nurse

Thanks for sharing

Jacinta Muthoni

I have been applying for a job since last year up to date no response I need help I'm very stressed I don't know what to do

Abhishek Jaiswal

I need for a job in foreign countries

Ford Simpson
Jack of all trades,.master of none

Are employers that trusting of social media? I tend to be in the camp that most of what you read about a person is embellished to a degree. I don't include you or the other Jobcase workers, you seem sincere and are helping others. My information about me is what you will find in my resume or what I tell you during an interview. I think employers rely to much on social media which can be false. Interesting article which gives me much to think! Be well,Ford