Learn how to apply and what to expect from Kelly Services, a leading job placement and staffing agency, that helps job seekers find work.
Kelly Services—often simply called Kelly—is a job placement and staffing agency that helps job seekers find work in, fulfilling careers. Kelly hires and assigns employees to jobs in fields like finance and accounting, education, information technology, healthcare, maintenance and more. Applying for work through Kelly Services can increase your odds of finding a job and getting hired faster.
Applicant requirements with Kelly Services
As an employment agency, the requirements vary depending on the job they are looking to fill, but all applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Consent to a full background check. (The background check will be dependent on the role for which you’re applying)
- Must have a resume showcasing your skills and employment history
- Must be able to pass an online-screening assessment test
Applicant requirements for remote work with Kelly Services
Jobs with Kelly At-Home Services allows employees to work remotely. The most common remote jobs are in customer service generally require the following:
- Skills for customer service roles
- 2+ years of customer service experience is typically required, both in person and on the phone with callers
- Computer experience, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Motivation, discipline, and determination
- High school diploma or GED
- Equipment and remote work space requirements
- A dedicated work space and work station (a room free from household distractions is preferred)
- Reliable high-speed Internet connection
- Access to a telephone (landline or mobile)
Kelly’s online application
To apply for a position go to the Kelly Career's site.
- Create an account with username and password, which will allow you to
- See the open jobs in your area
- Set up and save job alerts
- upload and submit your resume to individual job listings
- manage, add, and track your resume submissions
- edit your personal information - manage and update your profile,, and more
- Kelly’s job search The ‘SEARCH JOBS’ and ‘SEARCH MAP’ buttons direct you to open jobs based on the criteria you specify
- Complete a job search by entering details for the type of job you are interested in
- Select the job(s) you’re interested in and submit your resume(s)
- This will flag to Kelly recruiters that you are interested in the role
- To submit / upload your resume to a job posting, click on a ‘Job Post Title’, select ‘Apply Now’
- For some positions, you may be required to complete a screening questionnaire in order to submit your resume
- There is no limit to the number of jobs you can submit your resume to, however, applicants should only submit resumes to jobs for which they are qualified to fill
- Only one resume is permitted per position (i.e. you cannot submit multiple versions of your resume for the same job)
- After submitting your resume, you will receive a pop-up and email confirmation message. Resume submissions are saved in the ‘My Jobs’ section of your dashboard, as 'Applied Jobs’
- After submission, a Kelly recruiter will receive and review your application. If they think you’ll be a good fit, they’ll reach out to you directly for next steps
In some cases, you’ll be invited to a telephone interview with a Kelly recruiter. During the call, the recruiter will verify that your qualifications meet the minimum requirements and ensure you will be placed on an assignment that best suits your skills, abilities, and desires. This is the time to communicate your skills and interests openly and honestly.
Frequently Asked Questions about looking for work with Kelly
Why Should I Work With A Job Placement Agency like Kelly Services?
“We help people get back to work and companies get back to business.” - Kelly Services
Kelly Services focuses on placing job seekers in jobs that are hiring right now. They connect applicants to a variety of work opportunities: temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire, part- and full-time work.
How much does it cost to work with Kelly Services?
Nothing, the service is free to job seekers. There are no fees or service charges whatsoever for applicants (even after being hired).
What if I don’t like the job I was placed in?
You will work with an assigned recruiter at Kelly, who will check-in regularly to ensure a positive placement . If it isn’t quite the position you were hoping for, as part of the Kelly network, they can help you find a new job right away.
Are all jobs at Kelly short-term or temporary?
There’s a common misconception that all temporary work is short-term. While Kelly does offer great opportunities for temp work, they also specialize in temporary-to-hire and direct-hire jobs, and high-paying jobs for degree holders.
Types of job opportunities that Kelly offers
Temporary: an assignment with a set start and end date
Temporary-to-hire: an assignment or placement that is initially temporary, but is also used to help both an employer and employee determine if the temporary placement is a good, long-term fit. If all goes well, employers may extend an opportunity to potentially become a full-time employee with the company
As a reputable job placement/employment staffing agency, Kelly has exclusive connections with companies that are looking to make long-term hires
- Temporary-to-hire is an excellent way to initially get your foot in the door and test the waters in a new industry or career before committing long-term
- Direct-hire: a permanent position where Kelly acts as a recruiter and liaison between you and the employer. Kelly assists applicants by guiding them through the recruiting and hiring process