Whether you’re unemployed, furloughed, or working from home here’s a great option to help you stay busy, build out your resume, and make the most of your quarantine is taking free online courses!
Many colleges and universities have opened up some of their courses to the public, making them free and available to anyone, no matter what level of education you may have! This is a perfect opportunity to learn new skills that you find interesting or that you may even help advance your career.
Tips for remote learning
- Designate time on your calendar.
Treat remote learning just the same as you would if you were physically attending a class. Set aside blocks of time to focus in and have limited distractions.
- Incorporate the information.
It’s important with online learning to apply the lessons you are learning in real life, outside of the virtual classroom. Practice makes perfect!
- Schedule time for breaks.
It’s necessary to maintain healthy habits while learning online. This includes time for exercise and self-care so be sure to take that short break and do something to make yourself smile!
Examples of free available online courses
- Coursera offers a list of free online courses that you can finish in 8 hours.
- Lynda.com has one month free available for all of their online courses.
- Edx.org is partnered with several universities to provide access to online courses covering a wide range of topics.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology is also offering free courses in a variety of different subjects.
- Harvard University has a catalog of courses they have made free and available.
Looking for more options? Search for “free online courses” to find more options that might interest you!
What are some skills that you’re looking to learn? Do you know of any other resources to learn a new skill?