Pandemic unemployment assistance explained: special benefits during Coronavirus

Matthew Ireland
May 12, 2020

Depending on what you do for a living – you might assume you can’t get unemployment benefits, or you may have already been denied. That can be especially tough at this challenging time. But before you count yourself out – follow these 2 steps to see if you are eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA):

1. WATCH THE VIDEO to learn about PUA

Kansas – Starts week of May 12, 2020

Kentucky – Available now to file

Louisiana – Available now to file

Maine – Available now to file

Maryland – Available now to file using the BEACON One-Stop Application

Massachusetts – Available now to file

Michigan – Available now to file under “For Employees”

Minnesota – Available now to file

Mississippi – Available now to file

Missouri – Available now to file (See Question 8 under Unemployment Information)

Montana – Available now to file

Nebraska – Available now to file

Nevada – Expected to start mid-May

New Hampshire – Available now, need to file a regular unemployment claim first

New Jersey – Available now to file

New Mexico – Available now to file

New York – Available now to file

North Carolina – Available now to file

North Dakota – Available now to file

Ohio – Available now to file

Oklahoma – Available now, need to file a regular unemployment claim first

Oregon – Available now to file

Pennsylvania – Available now to file

Rhode Island – Available now to file, click box on the left for “Gig, Contractor, Self-employed etc.”

South Carolina – Available now to file, scroll down

Wisconsin – Available now to file

Wyoming – Available now to file

#unemployment #coronavirus

15 Likes

Comments

Shante Jackson

I applied for unemployment in April and check the website daily I've only had one response which didnt help at all I just had surgery and now definitely can't work I have no clue what to do

Shawntaye Rodwell

I applied 2 months ago it keep saying pending this is crazy I have no job bills to pay barely food

3 Likes
William RANDOLPH jR

I've already was on it from 2018 which lasted 6 months and I don't have any more money,so I'm STILL don't have a job since 2017 and I'm on SSI, so could I still apply for unemployment? I DON'T THINK SO

michael vigilanti

GOOD ole California EDD. I applied on April 1st and they miscategorized me as an employee when I have always been an independent contractor. Then I reapplied when they finally got their website to include independent contractors on May 2nd and today I get an email telling me to be on the lookout for more info from them. No income since April 1st! They are pathetic.

John Smith

I've already been told that I qualify. But I've yet to receive any payment, it's been 8 weeks. It's crucial right now!!!!!

2 Likes
bernice burts

I have not git my unemployment last to weeks

Phil Kohen

Too bad you can't get anyone on the phone to find out the actual payment status and confirmation all is on order to start receiving the benefits. Frustrating doesnt really do it justice@

Solange Arroyo

I applied in March and was denied then was told to apply for PUA and was found eligible filed my claims made 1mistake did everything I was asked to do sent everything documentation that was asked for and my claim it still processing! So no job no money my car is going to get repossessed and my place of employment we don't go back till phase 2 !!!!

Solange Arroyo

Pennsylvania

Sarah Weber

I had a job for 2 days, I don't qualify for unemployment. But I was not allowed to file for the pandemic money. I tried to call unemployment, even sent an email to them. Got no response. I need money to buy food, and pay my rent, and my phone. Now my A.c. quit working and its 106° today in Las Vegas NV. Why am I being denied the money?