Highly experienced Export Compliance Specialist and Engineering Configuration and Documentation Analyst. Supervised and managed the configuration and document control for the largest and most... show more
Highly experienced Export Compliance Specialist and Engineering Configuration and Documentation Analyst. Supervised and managed the configuration and document control for the largest and most successful commercial helicopter manufacturer for over 17 years. Accomplished International Trade Compliance Specialist with over 10 plus years of knowledge and experiences with ITAR and EAR Imports and Exports. Policy development and HTS and ECCN classification of commercial and defense articles as well as a very knowledgeable Logistic Manager. I get the job done.
Praises help jobseekers showcase strengths and stand out to employers.
• Responsible for providing detail instructions and general application for the servicing, maintenance and overhaul of the Department of Defense (DoD) C130, E3A and KC135 Landing Gear and components.
• Mapping the Technical Order (TO) hierarchy for each aircraft Landing Gear and Components to ensure the overhauled Process and Requirements provides uniform methods for cleaning, repair, inspection and testing in accordance with TO’s and MIL-STD’s in the performance of depot overhaul and in full compliance with the DoD contract requirements.
• Provided guidance to site functional teams regarding visitor management, technology marketing, technology transmission methods, and reporting for import/export compliance.
• Conducted periodic compliance training and new-hire ITC training.
• Answered day-to-day compliance questions; processed and released GTS Blocks.
• Reviewed business practices, improved ITC procedures, and developed instructional guidelines.
• Provided technical interpretation of the scope of export authorizations and PCP’s.
• Assisted in compliance investigations, disclosures, and audits including remediation activities and corrective action implementation.
• Reviewed potential incidents and advised site personnel on investigation necessity.
• Received and reviewed commodities and documents in xClass for export classification and export markings determination.
• Served as the location SME on Commodity Jurisdiction and HTS, ECCN Classification and document markings
• Identified compliance gaps and recommended corrective actions to the SBU ITC team.
• Interacted with all site functions to obtain information necessary to classify imported parts and components.
• Coordinated with site personnel to avoid delays associated with the clearance of imported goods.
• Assisted Security with visitor management clearance, interface and coordinate with freight forwarders and brokers, certified Trade Account User (TAU), filed and record AES/ACE shipment and maintained documents.
• Participated in weekly site leadership staff meetings to communicate any ITC guidance.
• Drafted and presented Site Council presentation to site leadership on a monthly basis.
• Conducted import audits for all brokers to identify if procedures were followed and to ensure record fidelity.
• Worked with design personnel to provide task specific guidance in the areas of Bill of Material (BOM)
development, product definition documentation selection/use and configuration change control.
• Co-chair/managed Configuration Control Boards.
• Participated in review of Technical Problems (TP's), design release documents for completeness, authorization, system update and provided feedback to design and system engineering personnel.
• Monitored/performed BOM effectivity transactions to ensure the accuracy of BOM requirements.
• Performed configuration status accounting by maintaining computer mainframe and PC based databases for document status and ensure proper implementation of military standards per statement of work.
• Assisted in the preparation and submittal of ECPs, analyzed, process and release engineering changes in
• Prepared Requests for Deviations relating to ECP activities.
• Worked closely with program and engineering management to provide full visibility of work in process and
• Responsible for ensuring full regulatory compliance, license and certification of all Aviation and Maritime
emergency beacons and other Telecommunication and Life Saving, SOLAS, appliances globally, and for the
tracking and maintenance of the database of all type of approvals, licenses, and certifications.
• Prepared and submitted 406 MHz Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELT), Emergency Position Indicator Radio Beacons (EPIRB) and Personal Locator Beacons (PLB), Technical Data packages for Cospas-Sarsat Type Approval Certificates (TAC), FAA Technical Standard Orders (TSO), and FCC Grant of Equipment Approvals (GEA), including requests for waivers and Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) numbers.
• Continuous and frequent liaison with the FAA, FCC, EASA, Transport Canada, USCG and other government approval bodies for the successful application, submission, and approvals of all Aviation, Maritime and (LSA) Life Saving Appliances, including Frequency Spectrum approvals for marketing and sales for all
telecommunication equipment in the EU Communities.
• Utilized knowledge and understanding of the EC Directives, International Maritime Organization (IMO) Maritime Equipment Directives (MED) and Notified Bodies including ABS, BABT, Bureau Veritas and BSH-Cert,
worldwide for the successful approval of Module (MED) B D, approval for all Life Saving Appliances (LSA).
• Coordinated Laboratory testing of LSA equipment to applicable standards.
• Worked closely with Sales and Marketing on the certification and compliance requirements for new products worldwide. Liaison with International suppliers and distributors (Australia, Brazil, Canada, New Zealand, Peru) to ensure full compliance with applicable standards (RTCM, RTCA, ANSI, ANATEL, ANAC, Chinese Classification Society (CCS), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), ETSI and more.
• Certified ITC Focal responsible for ensuring full compliance with Sikorsky/UTC ITC 360 policies.
• Responsible for providing Classification and Jurisdiction review of Technical and Non-Technical Data and
Hardware for export. Reviewed all documents for International and Domestic end users.
• Tasked with ensuring that all export is thoroughly reviewed for proper Licensing, Authorization and provisos.
• Assessed and analyzed regulations and export of technical data and hardware.
• Applied active knowledge of Sikorsky Program Management Console (PCM) to create and process Service
• Requests (SR) in the Electronic Record Center (ECR) for DocPak and RNIS distribution.
• Sikorsky Naval Hawk Program POC for export interpretation and USG regulations.
• Utilized full and complete knowledge of ENOVIA system to research engineering documents, Parts List, Field Sheets (FS) and Applicable List (AL) for Technical Data and export and licensing determination.
• Responsible for ensuring LBU full compliance with the EAR; reviewed and approved sales orders and proposals for all exports; updated and maintained SAP/GTS, HTS classification and import database. Ensured accuracy of Customs Entry 7501 and import instructions in accordance with Incoterms.
• Responsible for the successful submission of all ITAR and EAR license applications and other approvals for exports from DDTC and BIS and maintained company Export and Broker registrations, developed Export
Compliance Program (ECP), communicated updates of regulations to Senior Management and Directors
affecting current and future planned business. Business unit export POC and PMDDTC "Super User".
• Arranged the shipping of all products domestically and worldwide with various Freight Forwarders. Managed SOP and Power of Attorney. Completed SLI, BOL. Tracked imports and exports. Maintained shipping
documentation records manually and electronically. Responsible for HTS and ECCN classification.
• Prepared and issued purchase orders with source of supplies, ensuring timely delivery to meet production schedule, verified shipment and maintained records of incoming shipment with PO and notified accounts payable of order completion. Reviewed and approved Proposals and Purchase Orders.
• Prepared and submitted DSP-5 applications to the Department of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) using D-TRADE systems including DSP-119 and DSP-83 and Commodity Determination subject to the Export
• Administration Regulations (EAR) using (SNAP-R). Prepared Technology Control Plan (TCP) for Foreign
National Employment and ensured approvals with provisos and limitations were adhered to.
• Responsible for maintaining company Export and Broker registration with DDTC, determined USML
classification of products and Schedule B/HTSUS classification for Import/Exports. Filed Automatic Export
System using AES Direct-PC Link for Customs.
• Responsible for notifying management of changes in U.S. export regulations and providing accurate, reliable interpretation of export restrictions and regulations and performing internal compliance audits.
• Established program for license requirement, tracking license application submission and expiration.
• Developed, implemented and installed company Export Compliance Program (ECP) and procedure to ensure compliance with the U.S. licensing authorities. Responsible for all license applications submissions for approval and modifications; screening of End Users; travel document preparation.
• Maintained requirements governing shipments, receipts, record keeping requirements and issues with customs.
• Managed shipping and receiving of license exports and imports.
• Filled annual reports for brokering activity and GSA sales data quarterly Industrial Funding Fee (IFF).
• Responsible for filing ATF license applications, reported to customs and maintained registration with OFAC
BATFE and DSP-5 approvals of Foreign Nations employees who required access to defense articles.
Lead analyst responsible for the Engineering Release, Configuration Management, Document Control and
Engineering Data for all Commercial Helicopters, ship effectivities and the maintenance and integrity of the (ISO
9001 certified) Bell Engineering Information Management System (BEIMS) database.
• Managed the Engineering Configuration of the $893 million Canadian Forces Utility Tactical Training Helicopter (CFUTTH) CH146 Griffon with close support to the Canadian DoD exceeding delivery schedule. Tracked, compiled and managed Flight Safety, Primary/Critical and Development parts.
• Successfully directed engineering release activities for all helicopter commercial programs. Supervised and lead a staff of five to ensure the smooth operation and BEIMS, Reproduction and Data Control.
• Provided guidance and instructed new engineer personnel and mentored Release Analyst to ensure
compliance with established practices and procedures, stringent implementation of Drafting Room Manual, and adhesion to Engineering and Military Standards.
• Managed and maintained the integrity of Bell Drawing Directory Database (DDIR), and Parts Directory
Database (PDIR), ship effectivities, Bill of Materials, assemblies, components and raw materials data ensuring all design changes were accurate, current and up to date in accordance with ECN's.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- HTS Classification
- ECCN Classification
- Documentation Management
- Engineering Database Management
Assisted president and vise president in managing the association property. management companies, screening and approval of tenants and new owners, meet with contractors and liaison with community issues of concerns.
Drafted and elected president of the Windmill Lakes Condominium Association. Managed the association budget, hired and supervised property management companies and lead the recovery of the association after Hurricane Wilma.
View Steve W. Dickenson's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Steve W. has 18 jobs listed on their profile. See the complete profile on LinkedIn and discover Steve W.'s connections and jobs at similar companies.