Praises help jobseekers showcase strengths and stand out to employers.
• Responsible for monthly general ledger reconciliations for assigned revenue and expense accounts and followed up on any prior month outstanding issues.
• Assisted with month end and quarter end close and accrual entries.
• Responsible for preparing Multi-State Excise tax registration and filings.
• Responsible for preparing journal entries in a timely manner.
• Prepared monthly field audits and field reports
• Assisted in the preparation of annual audit schedules as assigned.
• Contact person for providing supporting detail for internal and external auditors.
• Participated on special projects as requested.
• Performed queries and prepared analysis reports as required.
• Performed proper tracking and recording of A/R and A/P.
• Responsible for following GAAP and SOX requirements and procedures.
• Maintained SOP’s for training purposes and knowledgebase.
• **because of my Payroll and Payroll tax background I was able to step in for the Payroll Accountant when needed. **
Varies Companies/Agencies (Contractor)- Payroll and Payroll Tax Project Accountant 02/2011-Present, responsible, researching, analyzing and reconciling various state, local tax and unemployment accounts, prepare quarterly 941 returns, review monthly, quarterly and year end reports, and provide queries when needed. Reconcile 941, w2, T4 and Releve (RL1) to quarterly and yearend reports and creating amendments within ADP when necessary. Work closely with tax filing vendor (ADP), ensuring tasks are done in a timely and accurate manner. Respond to email inquiries from employees regarding Local/State/Federal tax issues including making changes/corrections to tax screens. When necessary creating w2c's, correcting T4's and RL1's and providing analysis for corrections, to process amendments. Reconcile G/L payroll accounts, review audit reports, conduct account analysis and handle inquires related to taxable wages and taxes. Also processed Quarterly manual calculations and check request for Chicago Head Tax, Pittsburgh Business Privilege Tax, and Nevada Business Tax forms and the Alaska Quarterly Geographical report as well as research agency notices and auditing agency accounts. Assisted in processing weekly union payroll, Bi-weekly and Semi-monthly payrolls, manual calculations and gross ups and reports queries.
BT Americas (British Telecom)- Sr. Payroll Tax Analyst 11/2007-2/2011- Responsible for overseeing payroll tax compliance for all 10 BT entities, go to contact person for all payroll tax related issues for 10 BT US entities, prepared quarterly 941 returns, approved 3rd party payroll vendor invoices, reconciled Federal and State Wages/Taxes. Prepared Local and State returns. Completed tax audits when necessary, involved in processing and updating new entities tax filings as well as filing applications/reports for successor/predecessor status. W2 balancing of wage and taxes, reconciled state, local tax unemployment tax accounts. Reconcile 941 and w2 to quarterly and yearend reports. Processed budget requests through Procurement system for payment of ADP yearly invoice budget for all entities including the BT International entities (Hong Kong, China, Austria, Belgium, UK, Sweden, Germany and Greece. Processed on demand checks, entered garnishments, ran report queries, prepared monthly statistical reports, pulled Kronos hours (regular, vacation and sick time) in for weekly, Semi-Monthly payroll and Monthly International payroll earnings gross ups.
Glotel Inc- Payroll and Payroll Tax Project Consultant/Accountant -09/2006-11/2007 (accepted a permanent position with BT Americas).
Callaway Partners-HealthSouth- Project Consultant, Senior Accountant, 03/2004-10/2005 Assisted in reinstatement and account analysis process due to SEC irregularities.
HR.com and Economic Research Institute, currently attending (ONGOING) Webinars for Compensation and Benefits
Strayer University, Atlanta, GA, 2011-Present- Currently pursuing online BA degree.
Moraine Valley Community College, Chicago, IL- Part-time, Accounting/Computer Science classes.
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL- Part-time- Accounting/Business/Computer Science classes.