Interested in this job? Apply for it at the Anthem website.
As a Referral Services Assistant on this team, you will provide support to facilitate the administrative components of clinical referrals for various AIM services. AIM Specialty Health is a wholly owned subsidiary of Anthem focused on specialty benefits management.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Initiates and manages clinical referrals for participants registered in a disease management or health program.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital, health plans, physicians, patients, vendors and other referral sources.
- Reviews referrals for completeness and follows up for additional information.
- Assigns referrals to staff.
- Verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorizations from insurance plans.
- Maintains database of insurance companies for verification of coverage, accepted plans, and requirements for patient eligibility.
- Contacts physician offices to obtain demographic information or related data.
- Enters referrals and documents communications in system.
Location: This is a 100% remote position; successful candidates must meet Anthem Work at Home requirements including hard-wired high-speed internet and a private secure workspace. Central Time Zone locations preferred.
Hours: Successful candidates must be available to work any 8.5 hour shift, M- F, between 7 AM and 6 PM CST (Central Standard.) Your shift will be scheduled for 8.5 hours with two paid 15 minute breaks at set times and 30 minute unpaid break at a set time, resulting in 8 hours of work time daily.
- High school diploma or GED, and
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a healthcare environment; or
- Any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience multi-tasking on the job navigating multiple computer applications
- Experience performing internet research to complete work tasks utilizing browsers such as Internet Explorer
- Experience using MS Office tools on the job, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
Anthem offers a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
what are they paying
What's the pay rate?