Anna Barney
over 2 years ago
Report

How would you feel/ react?

I have an issue tat I would like feed back on. I love my job, yes, love my job, but due to a work related injury I am being placed on light duty. This is not the issue I have the issue I have is they also are cutting my pay by about $7 an hour. I can not support my family on the new amount they will be paying me. So should I get a second job until released back to regular duty or find a new job. Take into account I've worked for this company for over 5 years now. until this month I've never called off. I know this company or at least my supervisor and other workers and clients do not want me to leave. I however feel like I'm being punished for getting injured.

3 Likes
32 Comments
Like
Comment
Share
Show Previous Comments
Susan Schranz
Report

Are you on workman's comp?

2y
1
Reply
1 Like
Elizabeth Ross
Report

That's a Fair Labor Act violation.

2y
1
Reply
1 Like
Bryan clarke
Report

You need to get an attorney if it's a work-related injury file a workers comp claim takes a long time and it's a pain in the ass to go through but your employer should have already allowed you to do that or told you to do

2y
1
1
1 Like
Jennifer Leary
Report

When you are on the job and injured there are certain things your employer is required to do. First they cover medical expenses for you, provided you go to an approved physician. Next, they have to make sure you receive at least two thirds (66.6%) of your regular wages based on your compensation rate. Your comp rate is your regular hourly rate x your regular schedule not including oveetime x12months/52 weeks and cannot exceed $855 in Utah. So say your comp rate is the max of $855. You would have to earn $569.43 per week on light duty. If you only make $500 work comp would have to pay you the difference. You can check with your adjuster or contact a wc attorney to make sure you get all the benefits you are entitled to and possibly get a settlement when you are done treating, depending on how permanent your injury is. Good luck and feel better soon!

2y
1
Reply
1 Like
Susan Schranz
Report

When you do the settlement part of your workman's comp the difference that you weren't paid in lost wages should be part of your settlement. Soo it really isn't an issue, it sucks for now but it does come back to you.

2y
1
Reply
1 Like
Scott Law
Report

Anna,secure another job initially and than go back to your moronic boss who dared to cut your pay and kick him/her right in the shins,that always is painful as hell and than toss a Soupy Sales special,a cream pie right in their puss!

2y
1
Reply
1 Like
beth hardin
Report

no u ant been punished u could not help u got injured that should not do that if u ask me that is crazy I don't know if u have called anyone about this so if u don't care I will tell you who to call

2y
1
Reply
1 Like
Early Brigham
Report

Sister Barney didn't Thou Lord say come to him when we are weak and burden. We are to seek the council of Thou Lord for answers not The World. Seek, Ask, and Knock and the door shall be opened. The answer shall come. Where is Your faith and trust in the Wisdom of God to direct thy paths? Inside the answer shall come. Not from the outside that's where we make our first mistake.

2y
1
Reply
1 Like
Susan Schranz
Report

I certainly hope you listen to my advice because you will blow the workman's comp if you take a second job.

2y
1
Reply
1 Like
Marina Hawthorne
Report

Please everyone here this! When you go out on disability you will never receive your full pay, because disability pays only 60% of your pay Check. Always look into "Long Term Disability" Alfac is one of the insurances that provides this. The insurance will compensate the other 40% of pay you are losing. This will bring your pay check up to your regular pay level. Always have "LONG TERM INSURANCE" it is not expensive.

2y
1
Reply
1 Like