Scholastic in Draper, Utah is NOW HIRING for a Forklift Operator Full Time with Day Hours!
This company has AMAZING benefits which you can see in my previous post.
Associates with the title of Powered Equipment Operator must demonstrate proficiency and meet all productivity and quality requirements of the following duties and responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate battery-operated and/or gas-powered equipment, (other than motorized pallet jacks), for the purpose of transporting product to and from inventory storage locations within the facility. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, Forklifts, Stockpickers, Wave Work-Assist vehicles, Sit-Down and Stand-Up Counterbalanced trucks, Reach trucks, etc.
- Must follow all power equipment rules and regulations, including any regulatory agency policies, to include OSHA.
- Must use all personal protective safety equipment, including lanyards and harnesses to be worn at all times when operation order/stock pickers.
- Must follow all facility safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all scanner functions necessary for the position, including cycle-counts, replenishment, item inquiry, inventory put away, etc.
- Ensure all product is stacked neatly and safely when moved via power equipment and when stored in rack or staging locations
- Maintain accuracy of all inventory movement at all times. Inspect and perform or assist in equipment maintenance as required; report any unsafe conditions to management.
- Responsible for the careful handling of all merchandise, avoiding damage, bending or tearing.
- When necessary, assist in the picking and packing of customer reorders
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling heavy objects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred. Must be trained and licensed to operate power equipment For non-internal promotions, candidates must have a minimum 1 year power equipment operation experience. Requires satisfactory completion of a forklift training program. Must be at least 18 years of age.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift boxes that weigh up to 50 lbs occasionally on a daily basis
- Must be able to stand, reach above and below the shoulders, squat, bend and kneel as necessary to perform the job
- Must be able to tolerate work in a non-air conditioned environment
- Must be able to successfully complete the training required and become certified to operate the powered industrial equipment the operator is assigned to use as well as maintain their certification on that same equipment.
- Must be drug free and participate in and pass the initial drug screen as well as all future random drug screens.
- Must be able to correctly wear any personal protective equipment (PPE) necessary to perform any task requiring the wearing PPE.
Interested in the role?