CHARM WILL OPEN MANY DOORS FOR YOU
Enhance Yourself With Charm
Charm is simply defined as the power or quality of giving delight or arousing admiration. Given it's alluring quality, charm is something that could benefit all of us.
What is the most important quality to possess when trying to win someone over, whether in business or in your personal life? It's charm, the ability to create extraordinary rapport with anyone, and make him or her feel truly exceptional in your presence.
You might think that charm is something that you have to be born with. The truth is charm is something that anyone can learn.
What is Charm
When we refer to charm, we're not talking about table manners, good looks, or being a snappy dresser; we're talking about something much more profound. True charm is something that goes beyond mere appearance. It's that ability to which we respond powerfully and emotionally, almost instinctively. There's no question that some people are naturally charming which gives them an advantage. But charm is the result of using specific skills that most of us know little or nothing about. This means charm can be learned.
From now on, think about charm as a personality quality and skill you can develop by doing the things that charming people do and being the kind of person that charming people are.
What Can It Do?
Those who have charm usually get listened to. They often get extra chances and opportunities others may never get. They can be forgiven for things that others are crucified for. They will be told things that others may never hear. People go out if their way for them, make excuses for them, and always give them the benefit of the doubt.
Five Ways To Be Charming
The deepest craving of human nature is the need to feel valued and valuable. The secret of charm is therefore simple: make others feel important. The more important you make people feel in your presence, the more charming they will perceive you to be. Fortunately, we know how to make people feel wonderful about themselves. These key behaviours can be summarized in the five A(s):
1) Acceptance The greatest gift you can give others. You accept them in their entirety, without limitation. You never criticize or find fault. You are totally accepting of everything about them, as if they were a miracle of nature. This is the starting point of being charming.
And how do you express complete acceptance? Simply put, you smile! At seeing people, when you smile with happiness, their self-esteem jumps automatically. They feel happy and valuable. They like the person who is making them feel this way. They find you charming, even before you utter a single word to them.
2) Appreciation Whenever you express appreciation to others for something they have done, their self-esteem increases. They feel more important, valuable, competent and capable. Their self image improves and their self respect roars.
And how do you trigger this wonderful feeling in others? You say
Thank You on every occasion for any reason, big or small. Thank everyone in your world for everything they do.
Here is the double bonus: whenever you smile or say thank you, not only does that person's self esteem jumps up, but so does yours as well.
3) Approval All humans have a deep subconscious need for approval of their actions and accomplishments. The need is ongoing, no amount of it ever satisfies for long.
Perhaps the best definition of approval is
Praise. Whenever you praise other people for something they have done, their self esteem is elevated. They feel wonderful about themselves, and they find you more interesting, perceptive, highly likeable and extremely charming.
4) Admiration When you give people a genuine, sincere compliment, they automatically feel better about themselves. They feel acknowledged, recognized, valuable and important. They like themselves more, and they like you more. Always be looking for something to complement, and each time you find something, the other person will like you more and find you to be charming.
5) Attention This is the most important quality of all. It is the most powerful behavior for building self-esteem and is the key to instant charm. When you pay close attention to other people, the more valuable and important they feel they are, the more they will like you.
These are the five most powerful self-esteem building tools ever discovered. As you master them through practice, you will become one of the most charming and influential people in your social and professional circle.