Trending post
Prasanna Kumar KVMK
Bullet point
Follow
Warehouse Officer Ii at Apotex Pharmachem India Pvt Ltd

I have 10+ years of experience in Warehouse, Logistics, Inventory & Supply Chain in Manufacturing(Pharmaceuticals) sector. I have been relocated from India to US and now authorized to work in US. I have been applying for many related jobs but seems i am not being considered. Is my professional experience in India not considered in US ??? why am i not getting any positive replies (at least for interviews) is there any different way to approach companies in US??

9 Comments
about 8 years ago
Like
Comment
Share
James Derlich
Bullet point
Follow
Refining Processor at Timkensteel

Prasanna there are plenty of agencies that can help.you free of charge that can take your skills you had in you country and word it in a way it makes sense her to prospective employers, your cover page can be your highlight of your skills while your resume breaks it down give it a try and see how that works out for you.

8y
Like
Reply
Lemmie Adams
Bullet point
Follow
Launch Warehouse Coordinator at Dms Manufacturing

Extremely interested please call me 248 432 7051 ..home ...248 516 8585

8y
Like
Reply
See all replies
Valerie Sunyak
Bullet point
Follow
Senior Learning and Development Consultant | Instructional Designer | Learning Strategist | Program Manager | Project Manager

Hello Prasana,

Do you have a resume? It may be that your resume is not reflecting your true skills. While a cover letter is also important, a well written resume which focuses on your skills and experience means a lot more. I would also suggest you look at increasing your networking contacts. As a career advisor I have found most people get a job in less than a year if they are focused and conduct a smart search - which means they have a well written resume, cover letter, know their skills and can speak to them, and use networking as a top tool. Good luck!!

8y
Like
Reply
1
See all replies
Thomas Guerriero
Bullet point
Follow

Hi Prasanna, Welcome to the US. It takes time to find the right job, e.g., 1 to 2 years is typical. The key to getting an interview starts with a good cover letter. They need to know that you understand their culture (this can be found by reading their company web pages) and how your technical, interpersonal and problem solving skills would make you an ideal candidate. Another way to find a job is by networking. I've heard that only 20% of the jobs are found by submitting resumes on line. The other 80% are found through networking. To find networking events in your area, go to "www.meetup.com". Don't be discouraged. Try to enjoy the process. Tom

8y
Like
Reply
See all replies
Add