As our City Wide Job Fair is approaching, here are some do’s and don’ts of attending a job interview:
- Be on the side of professionalism when choosing your attire to demonstrate that you are taking the interview seriously. Your hygiene and appearance should be flawless.
- Arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start of the interview.
- Make sure you are aware of the employer's next move in the hiring process and are aware of when and who you should contact. Recognize any required next steps for you to take.
- Promptly, send your interviewer a letter of appreciation.
- Don't criticize current or former professors or employers.
- Don’t act as though you would accept any job or need employment.
- Don't give false information in your application or your interview responses.
- Don't create the appearance that you are exclusively concerned with money; wait until the employer brings up compensation and benefits before you inquire about them.
10 months ago