Learn with short term training
What is short term training?
Receiving training will help your career tenfold by building your skills and ultimately help you land a job! Short-term training includes classes and/or programs range from a single day to two years depending on the program. They change often, as employers are always on the lookout for new skills and credentials.
Which types of training programs are available?
There are a multitude of options to find training that fit your specific needs! Short-term training choices include seminars, workshops, continuing education, personal enrichment courses, non-credit courses, and college diploma and certificate programs.
Are you eligible for training assistance?
You may qualify for training assistance, including help paying for college programs, through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). To find out if you qualify, visit [your closest American Job Canter] (https://www.careeronestop.org/GetMyFuture/Toolkit/find-american-job-centers.aspx). If you already know you qualify for WIOA assistance, see a list of eligible local training providers by selecting your state on this map of WIOA Eligible Training Providers.
Is it free?
Many websites and community sources offer free or low-cost training. Options range from brushing up on basic skills such as English, math, or computers, to mastering specialized skills such as software programs. Check out these free and low-cost training options:
- Khan Academy offers free online learning in school subjects at levels from junior high through college.
- Cousera and Academic Earth both offer free online college classes through video lecture, quizzes, and readings.
- Find a local library to discover which training or workshops they offer. Contact your local school district or community organization to see what training is available to the public.
Which certificate programs are available?
Great news! Many community and technical college programs can lead to a certificate award in less than two years. A certificate shows an employer that you have completed training and passed any required tests, and can give you a competitive edge in the job market over other applicants. Look for short-term training programs near you at Local Training Finder.
Get started with these simple steps:
- Enter a keyword for the type of job or training you’re looking for.
- Enter your location to view a list of programs near you.
- To see how long it usually takes to finish a certificate program, use the “Program Length” filter on the left side of your results.
- Visit Pay for school to learn about financial aid options.
So go out there and find some training programs that will help boost your career or create a brand new one for yourself!
Looking to strengthen your existing knowledge of elementary or secondary level education? Consider Adult Basic Education as a next step.
Having a position attitude is the key word
Need unarmed security guard job,and need training.
Many websites and community sources offer free or low-cost training. Options range from brushing up on basic skills such as English, math, or computers, to mastering specialized skills such as software programs.