Popular positions at Wells Fargo
Jobs and expectations at Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is primarily a retail bank, which works directly with customers and commercial businesses to provide checking, savings, and merchant accounts, loan disbursement services, and financial advice. Because of this, while some jobs have specific skills and expertise, most roles will desire the following qualities:
Many roles require regular human interaction and consistent use of computers for data entry and information analysis
Customer facing jobs require conversing with customers at regular intervals
Work environments (generally) involve a good amount of time sitting at desks or standing at stations
Applicants must be reliable and trustworthy. Most positions put associates in charge of thousands of dollars
Entry-level jobs, like bank teller and customer service representative, typically require passing employment screenings, and may include personality and other "tests"
Management-level opportunities in the company often require a college degree and/or a background in the financial services industry
Popular Wells Fargo jobs with salary information
Tellers handle monetary (cash, cheque, bonds, etc.) transactions, assisting customers with deposits, withdrawals, and more. As a teller, the average pay range is $9 and $16 per hour.
Teller duties include:
- Responsible for correctly counting money and processing financial documents for customers
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service while handling monetary transactions
Personal bankers provide customer service, recommend products to customers, and bank servicing advice. Personal bankers can expect to make between $29,000 and $43,000 per year.
Personal Banker duties include:
- Required to reach sales goals, as specified by the branch
- Assist customers choose the best financial products based on their needs
Phone bankers work to resolve all customer concerns over the phone and talk to customers who call in to the bank. Phone bankers earn on average between $12 and $15 per hour.
**Phone Banker duties include: **
- Deliver exceptional service to customers by phone
- Provide service and resolve customer issues while following compliance driven procedures
Mortgage consultants help customers with mortgage inquiries, advising on loan processes and loan qualification standards. Mortgage consultants make between $15,000 and $37,000 per year.
Mortgage Consultant duties include:
- Complete loan applications, price loans, lock loan rates and communicate to borrowers during the loan process in accordance with Wells Fargo policies and procedures
- Generate mortgage business through inbound and outbound lead generation
Branch managers oversee operations in the bank while providing superior customer service and managing customer complaints and problems. Branch managers make between $38,000 and $65,000 per year.
Branch Manager duties include:
- Engage customers in meaningful financial conversations that include understanding the customer's financial goals
- Manage risk by maintaining appropriate controls, ensuring operational integrity and compliance with bank regulations, policy, and audit procedures