Are you looking for your first job and not sure where to start? You aren't alone!
Nothing to put on the Work Experience section of an application? Need a flexible schedule to balance school and other obligations during the week? We've got you covered!
We've compiled a list of open positions, work from home opportunities, and tips to make your job search easy and get hired fast.
Job opportunities that are hiring now
These companies want to hire you!
| Company | Minimum Age Requirement | Hiring News | Link to Job Application| | ------------- | :-------------: |:-------------: |------------- | | Kroger & Family of Stores | 14 years & older | Kroger is hiring for FT & PT in-store and warehouse job opportunities this Summer! | Cashier, Stock Clerk, Grocery, Produce, Customer Service, Front End & General Warehouse| | McDonald’s| 14 years & older | America's First Employer McDonald's Accepting Applications - Apply Now! | Crew Team Member, Cooks, Porter| | Stop & Shop | 16 years & older | Whether this is your first job or the next step in your career, you won’t find a better place to work. | Deli, Produce, Grocery, Front End, Cashiers, Floral, Porters | |Albertsons | 16 years & older | Your Summer Job Journey Begins Here! | Produce, Grocery, Deli, Front End, Customer Service, General Warehouse| |Sprouts Farmers Market |16 years & older| Sprouts is looking for new team members this summer who will go above and beyond for our guests because it is the right thing to do. | Deli, Produce, Grocery, Front End, Cashier, Floral, Porter| |Target | 16 years & older | Target provides meaningful work opportunities for you to build and develop skills that will span your entire career. | Team Member, Cashiers, Front End, Customer Service, General Warehouse| |Walmart |16 years & older| Don’t just work harder. Career better at Walmart! | Team Member, Cashier, Front End, Customer Service, General Warehouse| |Wendy’s|16 years & older| If you wanna keep it real this Summer - We got you. Apply Now! |Crew Member, Cashier, Customer Service| |Kentucky Fried Chicken | 16 years & older| KFC, kicks of 2022 Summer Hiring. Learn more | Team/Crew Member, Cashier, Customer Service| |Pizza Hut | 16 years & older| Learn, Grow and Be Your Best at Pizza Hut - Apply Today! | Delivery Driver, Team Member, Customer Service| |CVS| 16 years & older | Learn How to Get a Job at CVS Health Today |Cashier, General Warehouse, Customer Service, Pharmacy| |Walgreens| 16 years & older| Walgreen has 9,500+ stores in all 50 states, so there are sure to be opportunities close to you. |Cashier, Customer Service, Pharmacy, General Warehouse|
| Company | Minimum Age Requirement | Hiring News | Link to Job Application| | ------------- | :-------------: |:-------------: |------------- | |Amazon|18 years + / must have High School Diploma or GED| Start in 7 days. No previous work experience necessary|Warehouse Associate, Shopper, Delivery Driver, Sorter| |Home Depot|18 years +; 16 years + in some states| At the Home Depot, finding the right job near your home is easy. Get Started NOW!|Freight & Receiving, Customer Service, Merchandising| |Lowes|18 years +| Learn how to get tailored job recommendations based on your interests at Lowe's|Receiver/Stocker, Cashier, Merchandising, General Warehouse| |USPS|18 years +|USPS is hiring after seeing enormous surge in parcel volume|Mail Handler, City Carrier, Rural Carrier| |Domino’s|18 years +|Looking for summer work? Domino's Delivers! |Delivery Drivers, Team Member, Customer Service| |Harbor Freight|18 years +| Start your job search today at Harbor Freight Tools - Now Hiring |Retail Sales, Retail Stock, General Warehouse| |FedEx Ground|18 years +| FedEx Ground Hiring Now: All shifts available| Package Handler, General Warehouse| |UPS|18 years +| Apply Now & Shift Your World at UPS! |Warehouse Worker, Package Handler| |Instacart|18 years +| Instacart - Let's Go Far Together |Instacart Shopper| |Work From Home!|18 years +|Seasonal, Temporary and Permanent employment options|Customer Service Representative, Technical Support Representative|
Can teens work from home?
YES! Absolutely. It’s possible to start your own business, side hustle, or apply for a part time remote job. Here are some starter ideas:
- Complete surveys for money - there are dozens of legitimate survey sites to make extra cash.
- Watch advertisements for money - this is one easy way to supplement your income
- Work as a customer service representative - If you are 16 or over, becoming a customer service representative is one of the best ways to make a regular income. U-Haul offers jobs to teens 16 or over.
- Start a YouTube channel - Being a YouTuber can be a lot of fun. But you’ll need to build an audience before real money starts coming in. As your audience grows, so will your opportunities to earn extra money through Google Adsense ads and affiliate marketing.
- Search for gig work online - If you excel at writing, translation, animation, video, programming, graphic design, and even voiceover work, see what’s available at Fiverr.
What to expect from your first job search
Here are four steps to land your next job
Prepare your resume. Not all jobs require a resume, but it’s good to have one ready. You can use your resume information when applying for jobs. If you are a teenager looking for your first paying job, here are some ways to add experience and create your very first resume! Also, you can create an instant resume by filling out your Jobcase profile.
After you apply, follow up! This is an important step that shows initiative and enthusiasm for the role. You can follow up on your application by sending an email or showing up and speaking directly with the manager.
Prepare for the interview. It’s showtime!
- Know your audience - make sure you know the name of the person your are interviewing with, and use it regularly!
- Research the company - Use the company’s official website and social media to begin your research.
- Practice your speech and body language – the more you practice interviewing, the better you get. Have someone play the interviewer while you conduct mock interviews.
- Speak positively about yourself and about the company you’re interviewing with.
- Prepare for interview day - dress appropriately, practice active listening, and show your appreciation.
- Follow up and with luck, get hired. Be mindful that you may have to apply to several jobs before hearing back. Make job searching a regular habit by doing it at the same time daily, if possible. And don’t lose hope, you will do it!
Have thoughts or questions about your job search? Post in the Jobcase Community!
This is amazing, Lenin! Thank you so much for sharing this with the community. I never realized how many exciting job opportunities there are for teens!