Instacart is a grocery delivery service. Customers order groceries from their favorite local stores, and Instacart Shoppers handpick the items for delivery to the customers. You can choose your own hours and work times that fit your schedule. Below you can learn more about Instacart’s application process, the types of jobs offered at Instacart, and additional benefits that come with the job.
How to apply for a job at Instacart
- Create an account at shoppers.instacart.com
- Download the Shopper app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store to complete the signup process
- One you completed the signup process through the app you will start your background check**
** Background checks usually process in 10 days, but due to high volumes and temporary court closures due to COVID-19, days are possible.
Instacart Shopper requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Valid Social Security card
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have your own car ( if you’re applying for the Full-Service Shopper role). You can drive any type of vehicle for Instacart—just make sure you have space to lug larger grocery runs.
- While Instacart does not provide auto insurance for its drivers, drivers are required to maintain a personal auto insurance policy.
- Have a newer model smartphone (running iOs 9 or later or Android 5.0 or later)
- Can lift 40-plus pounds of groceries